Why JWs cannnot see. How the WTS takes advantage.

by apocalypse 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

With so much information out there now, it's easy for some to wonder to themselves as to just how it is that it's possible that JWs continue to be so blind.

The answer to those ponderings comes from the Watchtower itself and is found on page 28 of the current Bookstudy book Isaiah's Prophecy II.

At the top of the page within pg 23 it says ...

"However, once a false system of belief has been established and widely accepted, it is hard to root it out of the minds of those who believe it. Many contemporary beliefs are as sensless as the belief that lifeless images are really gods. Yet, people cling to such beliefs despite persuasive arguments against them."

So, the watchtower knows all to well jsut how to keep the rank and file ignorantly plodding along in their "senseless" course.

And the WTS feels no shame in knowingly perpetuating "falsehoods". In this week's books study, on page 60 it says ...

"Even Israel's spokesman-her teachers or interpreters of the law- have sinned against Jehovah and taught falsehoods."

They know how to tell a lie, and they have no shame in doing it right out in the open and even taunting God by describing their actions and tactics openly.

Edited by - apocalypse on 2 November 2002 8:44:1

• shera
    shera

I was scared to "see"it wasn't the truth.I was like,what if it is..."I'M GONNA DIEEEEE"

gesssh

• Krazylady
    Krazylady

You make an excellent point here. I am trying to help a new ex-dub realize that it isn't a reflection on HER that she was duped. She wanted to know, Do the GB know they are lying or do they believe it themselves. I think you've just answered that question!! It is obvious that they are true experts at the art of LYING.

Thanks, Krazylady

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

If you want to help a JW understand that the GB are knowingly lie telling, then read the post below on the "faithful slave" doctrine.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=39450&site=3

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

They have become able to lie about what a lie is. I think that's what I might call "lawless". People can know about sin and still do it - but it takes a whole other step to convince yourself that it was no sin - and further - because you did it.

• Krazylady
    Krazylady

to Apocalypse: Sorry it took me so long to respond. Computer is only sometimes available to me. Thank you for the thread you directed me to. I will be so happy to forward it to my friend. She is currently reading COC and is struggling to 'unwash' her brain. Good thing her HEART is still intact!! Thanks again, Krazylady

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

Good hunting.

• sf
    sf

~bump, for the lurkers and seekers~

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

*** ip-2 chap. 2 pp. 27-28 Prophetic Words of Comfort That Involve You ***

A

detestable thing is anyone that chooses you.’" (Isaiah 41:21-24) Are the gods of the nations able to prophesy accurately and thus prove that they have supernatural knowledge? If they are, surely there should be some results, either good or bad, to support their claims. In fact, though, idol gods are not able to achieve anything and are as something nonexistent.

In our day some might wonder why Jehovah, through Isaiah and his fellow prophets, spent so much time condemning the folly of idolatry. The uselessness of man-made idols may seem obvious to many today. However, once a false system of belief has been established and widely accepted, it is hard to root it out of the minds of those who believe it. Many contemporary beliefs are as senseless as the belief that lifeless images are really gods. Yet, people cling to such beliefs despite persuasive arguments against them. It is only by hearing the truth again and again that some are moved to see the wisdom of trusting in Jehovah.

Jehovah again refers to Cyrus: "I have roused up someone from the north, and he will come. From the rising of the sun he will call upon my name. And he will come upon deputy rulers as if they were clay and just as a potter that tramples down the moist material." (Isaiah 41:25) In contrast to the gods of the nations, Jehovah can accomplish things. When he

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit