Australian Royal Commission - What can the Governing Body do?

by Listener 7 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Listener
    Listener

As far as I am aware, it's not within the power of the Australian Royal Commission to call as a Witness a Non-Australian. It is confined to dealing with the JWs and child abuse as it is handled within Australia. It is clear from the testimonies so far that it is the Branch Office that gives the elders direction as prescribed ultimately by the Governing Body.

There are two Witnesses who have been called up to attend the RC from the Branch Office in Sydney, one is Rodney Spinks from the Service Desk and the other is Vincent O'Toole, Overseer of the Legal Department. They will know that they will be asked some similar questions already asked to the Elders. There answers will be well scripted but it will be clear that the ultimate direction for dealing with child abuse allegations comes from the Governing Body.

Although the Governing Body members cannot be present this does not mean that they can have no input. All it would take is for information to be provided from them to the Branch Office Witnesses and this can be conveyed during their appearance. There is nothing stopping the Governing Body to take steps now, today or on the weekend advising of any changes or new direction that they feel may be necessary.

Wouldn't it be a fine witness if the Branch Office Witnesses could say that their Governing Body has been closely watching the RC and taken on board all the suggestions that have been made and are immediately willing to make necessary changes, even detailing what these changes will be. That would certainly demonstrate providing food at the proper time.

The onus is on them, the Governing Body, to do this and by doing so would show their full support for the Australian Branch. After all, the elders haven't managed to do a good job on their own so far If they don't wish to make changes, they could chose to advise this to the Branch Office Witnesses so they could convey this information at their hearing. At best, I think these guys will say that the Governing Body are prepared to review any recommendations and will give their full support to any legislative requirements that are made in the future.

My point is, the Government Body does not have to remain silent in this hearing but has the ability to have an active role. Most businesses would see it as damage control, unfortunately the Governing Body has it's own mysterious way of operating.

This is a good opportunity for the likes of Anthony Morris III to prove that he is a 'real man' as he so often likes to say.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Terry Obrien, the branch overseer is also being called up.
  • snare&racket
    snare&racket

You are forgetting the JW mindset....

"Satan's world gave US advice on how to run the organisation!"

It won't happen.

• Listener
    Listener
    You are right, Stuckinarut2, he's also the Director of the WTBTS of Australia, I guess they've gone as high as they can. These guys can report from further up in their hierarchy and provide immediate reactions and prove that they are keeping up with Jehovah's fast moving, Celestial Chariot.
  • Splash
    Splash

Geoffrey Jackson of the GB is Australian.

I wonder if he could be called over.

• brandnew
    brandnew

@splash.....your right! ! !! I was thinkin the same thing....

Gb are just sittin in the ivory tower ....watchin theirs get murdered in court. What pussies! !!!! Sorry just the mad puppy in me ! !

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

I think someone should make the court aware that Geoffrey Jackson is indeed Australian.

You would think that the RC has enough power to get him over.

What are he chances of 7 GB members, and one just happens to be Australian?

1 in a million really.....

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

If this had happened on the down-low, the suggestion in the OP could have absolutely happened, with the GB saving face.

However, you're forgetting that if, as we suspect, there's - on average - at least one or more abusers in every congregation on the planet, following the "full disclosure" scenario would expose that to the rank-and-file in a way that would make it impossible for JW parents to transfer to a safer congregation to protect their kids, because there wouldn't be any. Too many JW families would simply conclude that they were better off not going at all.

Not to mention that it would severely undermine the WT's claims of being a "spiritual paradise", a "global family", and most importantly, "God's Earthly Organization", and if it's not any of those things, why stay?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit