Help, if you can!!

by worldly girl 4 Replies latest jw friends

• worldly girl
    worldly girl

Hey everyone!! I need to know if anyone has any ideas for me as to where I can find contract work, such as clerical work to do from home. I currently HATE my job, and I've only been here for 3 weeks, it's a long story, but to sum it up, they mislead me on my job description and the role I play.... With that in mind, it occured to me that I'm SICK and TIRED of the constant office politics, feeling of someone looking over my shoulder, and the hectic lifestyle that comes with being a working mommy. OF course, I would choose to be SAHM before a working mom, but for financial reasons that's not an option, right now. I do realize that working from home takes self discipline, and can be very hectic.... but that's a chance I want to take. SOOO I'm turning to you guys, my friends, for ideas..... If you have any or know of any LEGITIMATE work from home businesses, please let me know!!

WG

• badboy
    badboy

look on the internet under homeworker,hopes it helps.

• Valis
    Valis

Hope this helps..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Ancilla" class

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hi Worldly Girl,

In several jobs that I had through my working career,I could describe them just the way you have described yours herein.The key is to give yourself at least three full months before you make a decision. It takes three months to really learn the in's and out's of your tasks, and to be "accepted" by staff. Co-workers, especially women can be very possessive and domineering at first. I suppose a new person threatens them somehow.

Just hang in there, and do things that make you happy. Perhaps your immediately duties that you are being trained for, seem bottom of the barrell, but you may need to start there to learn the whole concept of your responsibilities. Give them a chance before you leave. Good jobs are not that easy to find, and I know a couple people who have tried to work from home, but it didn't work out. If you have kids, you are constantly being interrupted, and it's just not that easy to fully dedicate enough time to get your work done. I'm not saying that it's impossible. I'm just saying, that since you do have this job, maybe you should just sit tight, get to know some of your co-workers, and give it some time.

I've had to deal with some pretty tough "bit$$es", and they usually come around. Don't beg after them. Just ignore them. It's amazing how just "letting go" turns things around. If you are still having problems after three months, then perhaps you do need to re-think your options. In every job, you will encounter office politics, and having to adapt to work/home/children schedule. It will smooth out, I promise.

Just take it one day at a time, and be good to yourself. Don't always make yourself last on the list. Balance and organization are helpful to a working mom. I know. I've been there.

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Be careful with some of the 'work at home' internet places. You shouldn't have to pay any upfront money for set up. And check with the Better Business Bureau before giving out any personal information. Working from home would be so cool!

Mrs R

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit