HOW WOULD YOU KILL YOUR CHILD?

by MYOHNSEPH 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MYOHNSEPH
    MYOHNSEPH

There's a question which has puzzled me for many years, especially when I was a JW. I always liked the analogy of the creator as being a loving father. I have four daughters and I consider myself to be a loving father. But suppose one of my daughters did something so vile and so evil - you know, like talking to a disfellowshipped person or celebrating their child's birthday - that they were deserving of death! And suppose further that it was up to me to see that they were executed for these heinous crimes. If I had my choice of any means whatsoever to put them to death, what would I choose? Would I drown them? Would I rain down fire and sulfur on them? Or maybe, would I would just have the earth open up and swallow them? I guess I could have a tall building fall on them and crush them! Actually, if I found myself in such a far-fetched scenario and I absolutely had to do this deed, I believe I'd try to find the fastest, most pain-free and least horrific means at my disposal.

Now if the creator of the universe found it necessary to kill thousands of his children to, you know, settle this universal sovereignty thing, and He has any and every imaginable means at His disposal, what possible purpose would it serve for Him to take their lives in some horrific display of His awesome power, terrifying the #*!& out of them, just before they take their last breath, never more to know or remember anything? Or, if we are to believe the Bible record, what purpose has it served, as in the flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, etc...? Am I missing something here? Why not just let them go night-night and never wake up?

Any thoughts?

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Old age, the only thought I could have.

No matter what, I could never take one of my daughters lifes.

Lew W

• outcast
    outcast

MYOHNSEPH,

The problem here is you feel and think too much. If we die a terrible violent death, it is because we deserved it.

And because as witnesses we are special, it means we have to live in horror. At any time we could dis-please our creator, and then we would die a horrific death.

What part of a loving creator did you miss in your years as a witness?

Didn't you instill that horror into you daughters? If they have panic attacks and low self esteem, You were a good JW dad. Go in peace.

And always remember, you did it for their own wellbeing.

• Navigator
    Navigator

MY OHNSEPH

I know that I am out of character in this matter, but I don't think that anyone will be lost. We are all made out of "God stuff" and formed in the image and likeness of God. How can God lose part of himself? Would you punish a child because he had a bad dream? Neither would I. That is not to say, however, that there will not be consequences. I suspect that the rembrance of the mistakes that I have made will be quite painful when I get to the other side. There is a line in A Course In Miracles that says it all.

" It is God's will that you be in heaven; and nothing can keep you from it or it from you."

It is pure arrogance to think that what God created perfect can be changed in any way by us.

Yes, I know all about "free will", but that falls into the trap of attributing human qualities to God.

• MYOHNSEPH
    MYOHNSEPH

You know outcast, I think you're right. I probably do think too much! Why, I'm also still trying to figure out how winning a bet with Satan could justify God permitting the murder of all the children of an innocent man, the destruction of all the personal property and livestock he's worked for and then allowing him to be struck with a disgusting and humiliating disease. I guess I just need to get my mind right!

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Brother MYOHNSEPH, we need to meet with you to help you readjust your thinking. Of course it was loving for god to zap Job's children, after all, he had to prove Satan a lier, right? That's way more important than some kid's life don't you know. Besides, they probably did something bad to deserve death anyway, like, I bet they masturbated. Yea, that's the ticket, they were evil.

Plus, drowning in a huge flood after wtching the waters rise for hours/days isn't the worst way to die ....

• gumby
    gumby

Well, guys you do know Jehovah is" merciful and just, and slow to anger, and does'nt desire any to be destroyed. He is also long suffering and slow to anger.

That's we he had armies come in upon people and told the warriors..."kill every man, woman, and child. Then take their stuff and put it in the big tent of your. And so the warriors complied.....they rode into the city on their ponies, took the swords out of their sheaths, and started stabbing and peircing, and chopping, women and babies.

Then at last a savior from this horibble stuff......Jesus tells us to love our enimies, told peter those who live by the sword will die by it ( except for the Isrealites that chopped up women and babies ) ...and he said turn the other cheek. Good thing he came along and stopped what God was doing eh?

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Sounds like Dad and son are not getting along these days? Maybe Son is embarrased about Dad's shenanigans and is trying to apologize?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit