Calling All Aussies - Lets Get Together

by kelpie 7 Replies latest jw friends

• kelpie
    kelpie

I must start by saying I am upset because I was going to attend my very first ex Jw meet up this weekend and it has been canceled so I am not happy about that.

I thought that maybe we can organise our own meet up in Australia. I know it happens all the time in America because there seem to be more of them in this forum that get together.

As I have only just recently left the borg I would love to meet some people that are going through the same thing.

I would be happy to organise it.

Of course Everyone is invited not just us Aussies!!! Would love you to come.

What do you think???

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Hey great idea Kelpie - we're due for another one here in Melbourne, as we have a new member who I will be meeting up with tomorrow. But a combined effort would be really good.

Keep us posted with ideas/suggestions...count me in.

~Beck~

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Kelpie,

There's been many Apostafests at different places in Oz in the past and we're prob'y due for another. But.................

The Great Southern Land is a mighty big place, Kelpie. Where'd you have in mind?

Cheers, Ozzie

• kelpie
    kelpie

Well I am sure it will have to be some where central..

I am open to any suggestions and ideas, especially with what you did at other "fests".. Of course we would all love it in our home town but I would go by majority wins.

What do you think???

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Have you checked the reports etc on previous gatherings?

"Click" on Members and check for posts originated by JanG, Prisca, Older Tom and Ozziepost re "Sydney BBQ", "Apostafest" etc.

You'll get quite a bit of info there.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Prisca
    Prisca

I think it's about time that we had a combined Aussie apostafest. I've met both the Sydney and the Melbourne groups, and it would be nice if everyone could meet each other. I know we would all get along.

Canberra would be more central, but it would involve alot of travel for the majority of us. Maybe Sydney or Melbourne would be the place to hold it?

• Downunderandout
    Downunderandout

Ooooh yes please... I was attending the meeting up tomorrow that got cancelled too, and was really disappointed. Would love to meet everyone.

Just name the date, place and time.

Maybe we could have a vote or something as to where to hold it, ........am getting excited already!

J.

• kelpie
    kelpie

Well I agree.. Majority rules.

So I suggest the following

You choose a number between 1 & 4

1 Sydney

2 Brisbane

3 Melbourne

4 Canberra.

Post your decision and I will tally it up..

ps.. canberra is a good place to hold it..

Edited by - Kelpie on 31 October 2002 21:42:43

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit