Passing ships in the night and the disobedient compassionate brother.

by The Marvster 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I remember one occasion that once whilst disfellowshipped I ran into another person in the same position. Great, i thought I can talk at least to this fellow sinner. Would you believe, he shunned me even as a shunned person himself.

You can take the man out of the cult but can you take the cult out of the man? Weird!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

theMarvster - "I recon that shunning would be dropped en mass the day after, if it were ever re evaluated and seen for what it really is..."

Pretty sure they have re-evaluated and seen it for what it really is, and that's why they haven't dropped it en mass.

• Sabin
    Sabin
    Vidiot when one of my kids got into trouble I told them that if you think I will be shunning my child, you can sod off. Disfellowship me. It turned out to be a private reproof. Every part of my being told me that it would be wrong to treat my kid that way.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

I seriously believe many in the organisation could no more individually shun a person than they would physically hurt another. Of course when in a group, and the group mentality takes over, it always amazes me how many compromise their own independent moral and ethical principals. But I have noted similar behaviour since I was a child at school, and it continues in the work place today.

Even when I was in good standing, I noted the congregation had its pack of wolves waiting to pounce, I used to pity them, now I am just glad I no longer have regular contact with them.

The Rebel

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Sabin...

Proof positive that threat of DFing is an even more effective weapon that the actual act itself.

It ain't called the "shun gun" for nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit