Do you feel vindicated by the exposure of the WT Society in Australia? It seems like a feeding frenzy on here! I love it. You?

by Wasanelder Once 104 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

I want the GB to pay. Elders getting caught is not enough. I want the head of the serpent to be cut off. And I mean cut off.Only then will I truly be vindicated and satisfied.

• zeb
    zeb
    As others have said it is sad that the 'head of the serpent' cant be called to speak for itself. If the gb were put on the stand they would amaze people too with their inability to say anything beyond wt clichés. and who would they run too like which 'branch-office'.?
  • Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Not a peep in the Spanish congs. Completely oblivious. If not for coming here, I would not suspect a thing.

SL

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    The purpose of the Royal Commission is to analyze and make a comprehensive report on how child abuse has been handled on the whole by various institutions ranging from religious and recreational establishments through to schools etc.

Okay so far. Then you say some stuff.

I have no doubts though that whatever the Australian Commission decides in the way of policies, recommendations and practices to protect children, Jehovah’s Witnesses will be more than happy to comply with them.

More than happy? If this is god's chosen organisation on Earth, why will they need to make changes based on worldly(tm) findings? Wouldn't Jehovah(tm) have already made sure that his organisation was ahead of the world(tm)?

I think you are going to be disappointed.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I wouldn't have left the JW's had I not know for sure it was all lies, yet 25 years as a JW shows how fallible we can be. To sit and watch this is very empowering, we were right to leave, I don't feel ashamed as I did when seeing such reporting whilst a JW, I feel no urge to look for defences and loopholes in the testimony and evidence in order to appease my doubts and concerns. The eldears look like simpletons and rarely even comprehend the question they are being asked. Certainly they have no understanding of the commissions goal in looking at the 'judicial system' within the religion with the aim to see if it is dangerous, the whole thing is abhorrent and there is no doubt it feels good to have left it behind,

For me, the recurring thoughts are centred on respect for Barbara Anderson and the steps she made. I wonder how far behind we would be without her and silent lambs. 15 years ago she initiated this huge exposure and I can't imagine how necessary it was for those that have suffered sexual abuse in the religion that simply didn't care, wasn't allowed to care! Being a JW was hard enough, imagine suffering in the hands of judicial elders also,

What angers me the most is their deceit, every time it comes up that they 'counselled' the abused on discussing the absuse with members of the congregation, we all have no doubts at all what that refers to. I have been a part of such an elders meeting and privelages were taken off the abused because they had discussed it with friends. This is no loving or caring arrangement, it is aggressive and tactical in order to gag the abused. The concern has always been for the brand Jehovah's Witness and nothing more. Proof of this, is that after 100 years of lies, deceit, theological and financial scandals and worst of all rampant child abuse, the brand has now changed.... JW.ORG

• millie210
    millie210
    Sofia Lose27 minutes agoNot a peep in the Spanish congs. Completely oblivious. If not for coming here, I would not suspect a thing.
    SL

Same here...not one iota of interest or exposure from the media.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    or me, the recurring thoughts are centred on respect for Barbara Anderson and the steps she made. I wonder how far behind we would be without her and silent lambs. 15 years ago she initiated this huge exposure and I can't imagine

I couldn't agree more. She has been dedicated to this cause for many years now, and suffered terribly because of her integrity.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Do you feel vindicated by the ....

snare&racket

For me, the recurring thoughts are centred on respect for Barbara Anderson and the steps she made. I wonder how far behind we would be without her and silent lambs. 15 years ago she initiated this huge exposure and I can't imagine how necessary it was for those that have suffered sexual abuse in the religion that simply didn't care, wasn't allowed to care!

I feel for Barbara and her husband and all the other JWs, who have beed DF for there dedication to help AND to speak for changes in the organisation.

• sir82
    sir82

I have no doubts though that whatever the Australian Commission decides in the way of policies, recommendations and practices to protect children, Jehovah’s Witnesses will be more than happy to comply with them.

What a curious statement. Since when has the WTS ever been "happy to comply" with anything imposed upon them?

On what basis do you believe that they will be "happy" to comply?

I'm struggling to think of any precedent of the WTS "happily" complying with anything that "worldly" governments have imposed upon them. Perhaps an example or 2 would help.

• Mephis
    Mephis
    There's a part of me glad that things are being pulled out into the press across the world. Really showing that this isn't just 'one bad apple' or a 'rogue body of elders'. Perhaps even helping to stop this ever happening again, or at least alerting people to the dangers. But the cost to those who have suffered, those who have been standing up for years, for those who step forward to speak of what they went through... it shouldn't need them to have to do this. And I really do wish it had never happened to have to be revealed, and that something without the trauma and suffering inflicted upon children was opening people up to why culty stuff like JWs is so dangerous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit