Do you feel vindicated by the exposure of the WT Society in Australia? It seems like a feeding frenzy on here! I love it. You?

by Wasanelder Once 104 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Yes I am very happy about the exposure this cult is getting as a haven for child abusers. It is horrible that this abuse has happened but the fact that it is being exposed and people like Candace Conti and the Brit lady are starting to get justice is wonderful.

I do feel vindicated yes especially after nearly 27 years of being out and my family staying in! At first I was sure my sister would never see all the web news but just today my non-JW cousin told me my technophobe sister has an iPad. Wow! So pleased, because we all know what comes up when they type in JWs now!

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

My emotions are so mixed up. Almost like my emotions are in a state of cognitive dissonance-- I am happy that this is being revealed, that there is an accounting going on, that these terrible practices & policies are coming to light, that victims of child sexual abuse might finally be heard & helped -- the WTS and its GB are ABHORRENT and its secretive cultish ways are being exposed --

But I am feeling so saddened again that for so long, I & so many others, including these blind, delusional men taking the stand, really believed this garbage, had faith & trust in it, and it is like feeling the pain anew again, that the things you once believed so fervently & deeply are nothing but a sham.... I'm finding that I'm feeling all that disillusionment all afresh again - like the pain and confusion of a little child hearing there is no Santa Clause- like the pain & confusion of a little child who has no adults to comfort or help him or her -

- it's like I'm feeling myself being torn up again at seeing & hearing the faces & voices of these people, these men, the ones whom I used to believe were f***ing glorious ones, our steady rocks & crags in a windstorm, the stars in Jesus' hand, these noble future princes of the earth -- and how they are so unbelievably stupid and crass and without compassion-- and how incredibly naive they are yet how frighteningly biased, arrogant, closed off, and disconnected they are --

This cult and its deplorable, unkind, inhuman practices needs exposing, but it's gonna hurt ....

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Diogenesister - "She has been dedicated to this cause for many years now, and suffered terribly because of her integrity."

Ironic, considering how much the WTS has touted its own history of JWs suffering for the sake of their integrity.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Yes, Vidiot, their own words are now condemning them & coming back to haunt them, it's like *they* are the "DISGUSTING THING CAUSING DESOLATION, STANDING IN A HOLY PLACE..." !!!

(not that I believe the bible any more, but amazing how so many of their phrases and expressions can be turned toward them!)

• done4good
    done4good

I have no doubts though that whatever the Australian Commission decides in the way of policies, recommendations and practices to protect children, Jehovah’s Witnesses will be more than happy to comply with them.

What hubris. Willingness to comply has nothing to do with what is truly morally correct. WTS only cares about saving its ass, and any willingness to comply is about meeting that end. If the WTS actually cared about children, (and people in general), there would be no need for willingness to "comply".

Your organization is not backed by any god and you know it.

d4g

• done4good
    done4good

Btw, in keeping with the OP, I am very happy this sick, delusional, fundamentalist, backwards, extreme and hurtful organization is getting exposed for the liars they are.

d4g

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro
    I'm happy this is being exposed but sad that the victims had to endure so much. Honestly I'm also a bit overwhelmed at the extent of the problem. It's a feeling similar to the feeling I had when I first started discovering TTATT. Strange right? You would think I'd be numb but my head is spinning reading some of these details.
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

@nitty_gritty

You are right that the RC is looking at many institutions. You are also correct that the many organisations have failed child abuse victims in the past. The question is, what has changed?

The answer is very little of substance. Other organisations have implemented significant changes in their child protection policies but the GB has done bugger all. Jehovah's Witnesses do not even have a PUBLIC and TRANSPARENT policy. It's all hidden in the Shepherd the Flock book and letters to BoEs. If you are a victim you simply have to go along with however the elders deal with it, without any ability to refer to and understand the process.

So when you say....

I have no doubts though that whatever the Australian Commission decides in the way of policies, recommendations and practices to protect children, Jehovah’s Witnesses will be more than happy to comply with them

...you are talking bollocks.

The GB has had years to apply best practice. It has had years to make meaningful change.

How many times have you heard how far ahead of worldly laws the organisation is? How many times have you heard how far the organisation goes to exceed the requirements for building regulations, health and safety, working practices ad so on? The hierarchy walks around with a massive chubby on boasting about how far ahead the organisation is all the fecking time.

Yet on this matter they are so woefully and shamelessly behind the curve they cannot even see the other side of the corner. They refuse to push forward as they don't think they need to. They make no concessions, give no quarter lest they unleash a barrage of liability suits.

As recently as the past few weeks we have seen spin from the top making out the WTS has the best child protection policy in the world and demonising critics as apostates and liars. They even dug up some video that NO ONE has ever seen as if that proves they have are the world leaders in child protection.

There is only one reason the WTS will change in response to this Commission. I'll let you guess what that is.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    truthseeker10012 hours ago
    I would feel a lot better if it were the GB themselves answering the questions to this Royal Commission.

I think the UK will follow suit with the Charity commission.
    Then its the USA's turn.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    konceptual: Yet on this matter they are so woefully and shamelessly behind the curve they cannot even see the other side of the corner. They refuse to push forward as they don't think they need to. They make no concessions, give no quarter lest they unleash a barrage of liability suits.

The WTS has to stand on their old, outdated judical law. If they started to dismantle the "two witness rule" and those archaic laws they follow, the next big "law" to be challenged would be their blood doctrine that is rooted in that same archaic law book.

Pull the pins out of that archaic Judaic law that they have built their judical system on, and the blood doctrine does a crash and burn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit