Do you feel vindicated by the exposure of the WT Society in Australia? It seems like a feeding frenzy on here! I love it. You?

by Wasanelder Once 104 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Sofialose, I am sure that some investigative reporter at the local Hispanic community paper would like something meaty. . .in the US, a lot of the publicized cases had Hispanic congregations or defendants involved. Put a bug in someone's ear.
  • Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty
    JW facs
    "It should not be relevant if it was as good as other churches at the time, since the religion touts being spirit directed".
    Being spirit directed is one thing, but actually following the direction of the spirit is another.
    Your strong defence is indication that internally you know the Governing Body are just men and their rules are man made, all of which is evidence that you are following just another religion.

I do believe the GB are just men, to believe anything else would be folly. But their rules are not man made (that's if you believe the Bible is not from man of course).
  • flipper
    flipper

Yikes....The superstition of apologists is what keeps change from happening.

I can just hear the excuses - Imperfect men, wait on Jehovah, isolated incidents, money hungry liars just want to sue the poor watchtower.

And if all else fails, Satan is controlling the media. It could happen right in front of them and then I guess it's a hologram created by Satan's Hollywood production company.

Flipper will have a grandchild soon. Will he ever have a relationship with this child whose mother responds to the child abuse problem this way while shunning flipper most of the time for not being a jw anymore ?

This is why I've come to think it's better to inform the public than waste time on crazy JWs. The public will protect their children.

Mrs. Flipper

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Damn straight Mrs. Flipper. We may not get them out but we can do our best to keep them from going in!
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts
    Nitty-Gritty But their rules are not man made (that's if you believe the Bible is not from man of course).
    That is a naive comment. Every religion says it is following the Bible, yet they all arrive at different standards, depending on how they interpret each passage. The two witness rule is a perfect example of ignorant men arrive at an illogical and harmful stance, despite saying it is a Bible and hence God's requirement. (Likewise with blood transfusions, disfellowshipping, higher education, etc.)
    Being spirit directed is one thing, but actually following the direction of the spirit is another.

That is an evasive cop-out. JWs are expected to follow the rules as if from God. No mention is ever made that the Governing Body may not be following the direction of the spirit in making those rules.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit