spooky projection

by NewSense 2 Replies latest jw friends

• NewSense
    NewSense

Dear Spanner:

I was not trying to give you a logical explanation, I was trying to give you a psychological explanation while avoiding the so-called supernatural. And often psychology is not logical; often its downright bizarre.You said that he was real, very real. I could not agree more. Never did I mean to imply that he was not real; he was indeed quite real. Just let me state that I very much believe that what is commonly called "reality" is nothing but a construct, a fabrication of our own mind - the universe within. So, for you, that man - that projection - was as real as the floor that you stand on. Also, let me say that I don't think that you were hallucinating as the term is commonly understood. By the way, I'm no psychologist. Actually, I'm a professor of literature. However, I do know enough about the human brain to realize that it is infinitely complex. It will many centuries - if ever - before we know all its mysteries. Meanwhile, let me reiterate and say that I reject the idea of a wholly independent reality common to all people. Each person, through their senses and experiences, constructs their own reality.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Very interesting thoughts there. I agree,

By the way, what did spanner say?

Sirona

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Hi, Sirona!

Take a look at the thread "Who's got a spooky story to tell?"

Spanner

Edited the title because I forgot what it was - in fact, I didn't really write it!

Edited by - SpannerintheWorks on 31 October 2002 11:36:26

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit