Inside the famous Denisova cave in Siberia

by fulltimestudent 4 Replies latest social current

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    When our ancestors first migrated out of Africa around 60,000 years ago, they were not alone. At that time, at least two other species of hominid cousins walked the Eurasian landmass—Neanderthals and Denisovans. As our modern human ancestors migrated through Eurasia, they encountered the Neanderthals and interbred. Because of this, a small amount of Neanderthal DNA was introduced into the modern human gene pool.

https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/neanderthal/

Genetics tell us something of our origins. People who have Neanderthal DNA in their genetic makeup can be identified. And, since the discovery of a small bone inside the Denisova cave, a third group can be identified.

Inside the cave, and how the archeologists work.

http://siberiantimes.com/science/casestudy/features/f0135-first-glimpse-inside-the-siberian-cave-that-holds-the-key-to-mans-origins/

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

FTS: "People who have Neanderthal DNA in their genetic makeup can be identified."

Now I know why my High School JW crush had brow ridges. Seriously.

• Mephis
    Mephis
    If you want some good talks about Neanderthal man, and also evolutionary stuff in genetics, John Hawks is an engaging speaker and has a fair amount on youtube. Some of it is related to the open online course and is interviews with some of the leading experts in anthropology. Absolutely fascinating insights into how man has adapted to his environment and also in turn how we've adapted our environment to ourselves.
  • Syme
    Syme

I've done a DNA sequence, and I have 2.7% of Neanderthal DNA in my body, which is the average for a person of European ancestry.

Next time you see a typically white American creationist (jw or not), tell them that they carry the evidence for evolution (and for Neanderthal relation) in their own bodies, and the only way to get rid of it is, you know, get rid of their own bodies.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy
    Syme, good point ! How the hell do Bible Literalist, Creationist types explain this away ???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit