homework assignment

by jurs 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• jurs
    jurs

My daughter was paired up with a boy from our kingdom hall, at school this week. They have a research paper that they have to do together. Since I've DA'd myself this family doesn't seem to know how to deal with the shunning issue. Initially, my kids and myself were shunned by the whole family. Their kids weren't allowed to talk to my kids. Now the kids will talk to my kids, but they informed my kids that they couldn't talk about spiritual matters. Strangely, the parents still shun my kids. Now that this research paper has come up, the boy told my daughter that he'd call her because she isn't allowed to call their home. He didn't call. I guess its wrong to talk over the phone about the project !!!

My kids have also ran into other adults from our hall, one was an elder . Same thing............ they won't speak to them but at least the elder did give them a smile. At first it made me angry but now I see what a blessing it really is. I don't have to worry about my kids ever going back to the org. I wonder why kids are shunned along with the parent. It doesn't make much sense to me but I'm kindof glad they do it.

jurs

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

The worse the kids are treated the better - my son watched a jw do a wicked thing to his mother (my wife) and literally stand there with his arms folded and a proud smile. I'll never have to worry about him joining the jws or anything at all like that. As far as he's concerned, that's who the devil really is, and he doesn't have to worry about him either.

paduan

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

OK, so now their stupid shunning policy is interfering with your daughter's education. For your daughter's sake, take the teacher aside and explain the situation. Don't leave out the religious brand name, either. No reason the teacher can't assign a new study partner. Why should your daughter's grades suffer because her supposed research partner is acting like a sanctimonious <insert epithet here>?

GentlyFeral

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Hi Jurs,

As much as it hurts, consider yourself lucky! I DAd last month, and it's been interesting here. After years of receiving no spiritual help for myself and my children from the elders ( husband was nonwitness), one suddenly decided when I left to make a concerted effort to "help" my kids. Well, not all of them. He wants nothing to do with my daughter, just my sons. The odd part is, this is the elder that was so sure, due to gossip by my nonwitness in-laws, that I had some "secret sin" I was covering up.He approached my husband to ask if he could study with the boys. Quite frankly, I think he continues to have zero interest in my kids, but alot of interest in attempting to wield control over my life, this time using my kids. And they say that witnesses don't attempt to break up families!! Needless to say, the kids will not be studying while they live under our roof. None of them seem to have any desire to have anything to do with the witnesses, anyway. Well, except for my youngest, who wanted to go trick or treat this very elder(he came up with that one on his own out of the blue):)

I would ask for a new study partner for your child asap.

As far as the reactions of excongregation members, I've had the same mixed reaction. Right after it was announced that I DAd, I think I ran into nearly every member of my former hal out in public.Some were stern and gave nasty dirty looks, some looked sad, some momentarily forgot and said hello or waved and were mortified. I feel sorry for them all, except for those who wielded their position in a hurtful manner. I'm glad they can no longer talk to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit