How Far Apart Were Your Legs?

by Joe Grundy 70 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

I did not suffer sexual abuse but suffered from repeated physical abuse as a young child and I learn early on that if I screamed or resisted the beatings got 10X worse. When I got big enough to defend my self and beat the s... out of my mother well the beatings stopped.

a child will not scream for fear of getting further harm or has been threatened.

• zeb
    zeb

Elders using such interrogation tactics is a revelation of the total absence of any training in how to deal with such things that they should not be dealing with anyway.

It is of course a complete abandonment of any consideration for the victim.

Re jerking off over evidence. Eloquently put.

This occurred to me but you said it for us ; so who watches the WT officials/ readers in NY when these files land on their desks. There has ever been an obsession by the gb over human sexual behaviours and when the first of the files landed in bethel if there was a the tiniest streak of decency there then these questions and interrogation methods should have been stopped.

How many more victims have been subject to such Nazi methods.?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Exactly Joe. Whatever their motives the whole thing is simply patriarchal self-indulgence that takes no account of the feelings of the victim.

Even if you concede that the WTS has the right to set any rules they like for membership and have these enforced through internal procedure there is no excuse for assuming they have some kind of authority and right to question people in this invasive way.

• Simon
    Simon
    this cannot be right--surely?

Whenever an organization creates a male-dominated culture of absolute authority with untrained people and no checks and balances then you will end up with abuses of power like described.

Show me any male-only group and I'll show you an abusive environment. The WTS is responsible for what happens in the environment it creates.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It may be possible to identify who the elders on the JC were. (Any suggestions gratefully received). They should be named and shamed as individuals. After all, if they felt they were acting on the instructions of their god, they'd be happy to justify it, right? And would be happy to explain to people they meet in D2D or on the carts why they did this. And to justify to their wives and families why this was necessary and commanded by their god?

Yes, they should be named. Public humiliation is too simple of a punishment, but it's probably the best there is, unless because of their conduct they can be charged with a crime.

If they were allowed to remain in the leadership position as Elder, the WTS should be shamed/humiliated too.

Doc

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

Please do expose these men. Perhaps if they experience a fraction of the humiliation they force victims to go through, it will bring some compassion into their consciousness.

I remember as a 10 year old standing before 3 crusty men--mom not allowed to be in the room. I described in detail about being digitally penetrated and I was asked, "Are you sure he was not just showing you affection?" Really??? Really???? I shut down. Stopped talking. Went into my safe little fantasy world. I don't know how these men could sleep at night thinking they were doing the right thing. I wish mom had been there (and why wouldn't you allow a mother to be with her young child?) and had asked, "Is that how you show affection to your daughters?"

If only these jerks could be prosecuted for the way they treat abuse victims. They are almost as bad as the abusers. So yes, I vote expose them, shout it from the roof tops, because this is not an isolated incident of stupidity, it is a constant thread in the majority of abuse and rape and even plain old immorality "investigations" by the kangaroo courts sanctioned by this cult.

Even if this cult never dies, it would be gratifying to see them forced to stop perpetuating inhumane treatment upon victims.

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

This case and one in Moston, Manchester where the victims of abuse were grilled in front of their abuser are both now the subject of an investigation by the Charities commission in the UK, which has also launched an investigation into the JWs General charity in UK over its safeguarding policies. It will be very interesting to see the results, which will hopefully at the least prevent this kind of questioning by non professional males of abuse survivors. Believed by many to be as bad as repeating the abuse.

there is a Wales TV documentary on this case too:

/http://www.itv.com/news/wales/update/2014-09-29/missed-tonights-episode-of-wales-this-week-witness-to-the-truth-catch-up-here/

Also on YouTube,

what struck me in addition to the obvious abuse, cover up and grilling covered on the original thread was the treatment of the girl and her dad afterwards. She was disfellowshipped later (who can blame her for leaving the organization after this treatment) and he wanted to walk her down the aisle at her wedding years on, as a support and celebration of her recovery from abuse, for this he 'got into trouble' with the congregation, it's not clear whether he was df'd or da'd. How disgusting! They should have been celebrating with her that she recovered from this horrific experience and was starting her own family, but all they can do is judge.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I remember as a 10 year old standing before 3 crusty men--mom not allowed to be in the room. I described in detail about being digitally penetrated and I was asked, "Are you sure he was not just showing you affection?" Really??? Really???? I shut down. Stopped talking.

OMG I am so sorry you were subjected to this disgusting treatment FreeGirl2006. I am appalled and saddened for the little girl you were. How are these men allowed to interview a minor without an adult being there? Even the police can't do that? This has to be stopped! So sorry for your pain.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter
    FreeGirl2006, I totally agree with you 100% first your mother should have been by your side and they had no justifiable right to question you. Only well trained females should question victims. I hope you are taking action against the WT and the Elders.
  • FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

Rebelfighter--It was decades ago and I believe all the men are dead now. I definitely would take action if it were possible just to make sure that other victims would not have to go through that trauma.

I am a strong person and I kept asking for help. I got into therapy and I lead a lovely life now. You never forget what happened in terms of abuse, but I don't let my experiences be my master. The abuse did not and does not define me as a person. Getting out of the cult has made me very aware that my experience with the elders was not unique or isolated like I believed for so long.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit