Potential for new meeting?

by campaign of hate 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

I've mentioned it in a few threads, but i'd like to make it a thread of it's own.

I'm going to make the prediction the GB will schedule a new meeting once a month, starting in Jan 2016, for watching the JW broadcasting program. At the moment it's up to each cong to organize a viewing, but soon the GB will take over the arrangements.

I make this assumption based on the fact that they know that a substantial quantity of pubs are not tuning in every month.

By scheduling a meeting once a month, it's easier for the GB/Elders/Organisation to gauge how many people are watching, and to make sure everyone is fully indoctrinated with what the GB are saying. It will also keep the rank and file busy busy busy.

If i was a cult leader, that's what i would do. Try and get as many people to watch my face every month, and for them to listen to every word i say.

It will be announced at the AGM 2015.

I'm calling it.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Nope. Not gonna happen logistically. They are already packimg the "auditoriums" to the max for the existing meetings...

HOWEVER what they could and will, I predict, is use the video crap for the sunday meeting. Best of both worlds. Full on cult indoctrination by the leaders, no additional time needed.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I agree with _Morpheus,

I think the only ones they want watching the Broadcasts are the heavy koolaid drinkers. They have to know anyone waking up will be snapped out by that crap.

Also I think the trend has been less meetings and days at assemblies slowly for a while. So I think they use this as a card in their deck t appease the masses. They wont add another weekly meeting ever. The thing that gets witnesses rocks off now is "special" meetings and programs.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro
    Agree with Morpheus. They will end up sooner rather than later doing at least one Sunday public talk per month using the broadcast. The number of qualified speakers are very limited and quite frankly, the majority range from really bad to mediocre.
  • sir82
    sir82

I agree with the above. They are beginning to merge congregations and squeeze more congregations into KHs. There won't be time or capacity for any "extra meetings".

But a once a month video public talk, replacing a local speaker, is virtually assured.

Given the sorry state of well over 90% of JW public speakers, and the hero-worship cultivated by the GB and their "helpers", attendance will soar (comparatively) at those Sunday showings.

After a while, they may even do it twice a month, or possibly have broadcast service meeting parts on occasion.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I think a video talk is going to happen as well. I have already heard some dubs say they would like to have that. They think it would be "cool" to have the GB or or bethel heavy give a Sunday talk.

I think attendance will go very high for awhile but once it becomes the normal procedure the apathy will set back in.

Or maybe they'll split the public talk into two parts. One part by a local brother and the other a video message from headquarters.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Today jw's have less and less meetings and they are of shorter duration (thank gawd), it reminds me of the scripture that the dubs used to get all of us to attend the endless string of meetings.

Hebrews 10: 25 " not forsaking our meeting together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the MORE so as you see the day drawing near."

Well the end must not be drawing near as we meet less and less!
    just saying!eyeuse2badub
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Nope, no way it will be split in half. The GB does not share face time with anyone. In fact, what i could easily see happening is once a month doing a public talk by the GB/heavy weight and then broadcasting a WT study as well like they did on mondays at bethel
  • TheListener
    TheListener

Oh man a video WT study would be horrible. Very boring. I hated that WT study each week at bethel.

I thought about the split talk just once a month so the GB could show their face and power but still maintain a bit of mystery. But, you're right that they are egocentric and probably wouldn't want to share the stage.

My spouse and some of her dub friends love the fact that the GB is more public and out there. They feel it makes them so much more human and accessible. They also love how funny the GB members are and how down to earth they sound when giving parts. [insert puking icon here]

• sir82
    sir82

They feel it makes them so much more human and accessible. They also love how funny the GB members are and how down to earth they sound when giving parts.

I've heard numerous JWs express the same opinion.

I guess that's the "encouraging" and "upbuilding" way to say these wankers are boring, inept, and just plain idiotic-sounding.

"Oooh, the GB are so human! They're every bit as dull and condescending as our COBE stumbling & mumbling thru his ill-prepared and poorly-researched talk!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit