It's A Small World (robdar)

by hillbilly 4 Replies latest jw friends

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Well today I had an experience even better than finding a $20 in an old coat pocket. Rodbar and I were chatting about places we had been back in the 70's. I got off the chat and while doing chores recalled a chance encounter during a Memphis assembly.

I was in the motel pool speaking with a dark haired teen girl. She had, as I found out, an interest in radio broadcasting. This little discussion was no longer than 15 minutes long as the girl was called out by her dad to tend to a sibling.

Later, I found Robdar in chat again and mentioned my recollection. Oddly enough, she was able to "finish my sentences" as it were. Seems she knew as many details about this encounter as I did. By our conversation it chat, I am 99.9% percent sure that was Robyn I had met all those years ago. The details are too uniqe for a scrambled recollection-- and two people with the same spin on the story has to make it unbelieveably believable.

Has any one else on JWD had a similar experience? Any others used to attend Memphis Dist assemblies?

So Robyn, after all these years--Glad to find you! Are'nt post like these much more interesting than the "BB vs. RF threads that drone on and on and on...................

Edited by - hillbilly on 27 October 2002 22:3:41 Edited cause I can't take much more of this BB vs. Ray stuff

Edited by - hillbilly on 28 October 2002 18:12:46

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I don't know if you would classify this as the same or not, but just tonight, I was talking to Cassilines and her husband, Maximumflash. While discussing the Army with Max, I mentioned the unit I served with in Germany. Turns out, the unit left Germany a few years ago and is now stateside. Max is assigned to my old unit today. I think we both got a chuckle out of that.

Incidentally, after talking to them on the phone, they are as about a sweet a couple as I thought they were. Wonderful people. I hope to actually meet them one day.

Lew W

• Robdar
    Robdar

Hill,

I am still so happy over our discovery earlier today. Our 15 minute conversation helped to change my life. You were the first (and only) JW that I had spoken to who thought that radio would be a fun career choice. Your encouragement came at the right time. In a way, that conversation led to me leaving the org. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I have more to say but I will say it by email.

Love,

Robyn

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Rob--- you have mail.

bttt

• Robdar
    Robdar

(((((Hillbilly))))),

Thank you for the email. I have responded.

Love,

Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit