This is True...This is True

by startingover 3 Replies latest jw friends

• startingover
    startingover

I just found this on my FB page, I felt the need to share it. I hope it comes up as a clickable link

https://www.facebook.com/coffeeparty/photos/a.313395813326.193473.304981108326/10154084871883327/?type=1&theater

• Village Idiot
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I am not a fan of the "perception is reality" view. It might seem real to all of us but there is an entire universe out there that doesn't need our permission to exist. The cult of modern Conservatism is an example.
  • Magnum
    Magnum

Some of the comments on FB mentioned perspective. It's true that somebody observing the object from one point sees a circle and somebody looking from a different point sees a square. But the truth is that the object is neither; it's a cylinder. Truth involves seeing a matter from all perspectives.

Edit: I hadn't seen Village Idiot's comment when I posted the above.

Village Idiot: I am not a fan of the "perception is reality" view.

Neither am I. Reality is reality. The fact is that one might perceive something wrongly if he has only partial knowledge of it, has "seen" it from only one angle, etc. The fact that one might see the object in the illustration above as a square doesn't mean it is one. It doesn't change truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit