Daughter of Elder Reinstated Within Months!

by disillusioned 2 12 Replies latest jw friends

• disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2

A young sister in my husband's congregation who is the daughter of an elder has been reinstated in a matter of months. Whereas another sister in the same congregation has been disfellowshipped now for nearly two years!

Seems like it's who you know.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Daughter of an elder in my moved out then moved into her new boy friend s place. I think it's a been kept quite. Not for sure since I don't go.
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Funny how that works.

I know a woman - baptized daughter of a well-liked elder - left her (ministerial servant?) husband for someone else that she ultimately married (pretty quickly). This was 20-30 years ago. No DF, no public announcement, no nothing.

Funny how that worked out, too...

-Aude.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Two years and no reinstatement!

Man, I'd be asking "who have you got to sleep with to get reinstated around here?"

Which, ironically would result in her being part of the "back row club" for another two years.

• hoser
    hoser
    In my old congregation one of the elders daughters was living with her boyfriend for at least a year No disfellowshipping or reproof. Kinda sounds like a common occurrence.
  • blondie
    blondie

Confessed pedophile df'd for 8 months; in business with 5 elders.

Ex-wife of elder df'd for 8 YEARS, adultery is worse than pedophilia I guess.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone
    Don't let a jdub tell you they don't participate in politics. 😉
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Confessed pedophile df'd for 8 months; in business with 5 elders.

Ex-wife of elder df'd for 8 YEARS, adultery is worse than pedophilia I guess.

Evidently, the sister had a wicked heart.

• zeb
    zeb

D 2.

One is a babe the other a battler.

• notoneoftheboys
    notoneoftheboys
    same story the world over, lived in north America for decades elders families slapped on the wrist for D/F offences, the poor and downtrodden families no money min wage job treated like dirt when they sinned. Now I live in Europe same thing here mass hypocrisy that the GB refuse to acknowledge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit