Whats up with that

by showme 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• showme
    showme

Okay, I have heard mention here a couple of times about how JW's are not supposed to drive a two door car. Whats up with that? Last place I read it was the stupid rules topic some one posted(which was very entertaining by the way) I am really curious what the reasons for all those stupid rules are for?

• larc
    larc

Showme, the reason they want you to have a 4 door car, is that it is more practical when you go in the door to door work. It is much easier for those in the back seat to get in and out which they have to do several times while working their territory.

• onacruse
    onacruse

The only thing I can remember about why 2-doors are inadvisable is that it is so much easier for the back-seat dubs to get out of the car for rv's. Family vans are recommended.

But when you spend so much time driving back and forth in the territory, or at the coffee shop...well, then, what diff does it make?

Craig

• minimus
    minimus

I remember , in the early 60's, a brother bought a huge bus. He was considered very spiritual because he had a real service vehicle.

• Mulan
    Mulan

My pioneer partner, for two years, had a tiny two door car. Needless to say, I always had to drive, except on Bible studies. She was economizing. I didn't complain, because she was a single Mom and didn't work. I assumed she lived on alimony or something.

Turns out she is an heiress, and has a big trust fund. She eventually bought a big car after she married a 20 year old. She was 40.

• The Firm
    The Firm

Craig--

You mentioned "coffee shop"!

Months ago I became frustrated that I couldn't find any JW's in the neighborhood for several Saturdays. Well, one Saturday I went to the local coffee shop and they came in droves! 4 by 4 at 10 am!!. They stayed there, too, until after 12 noon. I couldn't believe it. I asked one friend there if she counted her Java time as service time. She coyly replied "It depends". (How perfect.) I let her off the hook by telling her she could count the time futzing and squirming with some of my questions. Amazing that, contrary to what they proclaim, they'd rather be at the coffee shop than out canvassing (in their 4-door vehicle of choice ).

Anyway, I just thought I'd toss that in since I picked up on your apt post. -alan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit