Gay times at Brooklyn Bethel

by oppostate 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Hey! That IS Redd Foxx in that photo! 'Lizbeth!...here I come, dis da big one!!!!"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

From what I hear, it's still going on.

We've heard some fairly compelling anecdotal evidence that there's a small but entrenched "gay underground" at WTHQ.

Apparently, they're sniffed out and purged every so often, but with that many attractive twenty-something young men always coming and going, well...

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Better look again.--Marvin

but I never noticed Greenlees left hand

Depends on your point of view. The photographer could see his hand in detail before taking the photo.

• steve2
    steve2
    It's interesting that this thread with its dated school yard humor about bum pinching among top-level males in the organization is running at the same time as the sobering threads on the current Australian commission of inquiry into the organization's policies and practices on child-sex abuse allegations in congregations.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I agree with the posters here that say focus should return to, and remain firmly on, child abuse.

It shouldn't matter whether Greenlees was straight, gay or bisexual. Or whether he was in a relationship with Percy Chapman. Or whether he had his arm around another JW male in a photo.

I'm much more concerned with Greenlees' predatory behaviour towards children. Did he commit child abuse? If so, did the GB tell the police? Was he tried and punished? (NB being kicked off the GB is not proper punishment!)

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Bearing in mind homosexuality is normal, it shouldn't be a surprise. I don't like it when homosexuality in the JW's is treated like a dirty secret.

It was a world when nature was denied in exchange for loyalty to 7 men we would never even meet,

Homosexuality at bethel doubtless happened and happens at the same rate non married heterosexual sex did/does also.

Dont get me wrong, I don't detect and homophobia in your posts, but I think we need to treat it with less finger pointing and ooooooh's and aaaaaah's.

if they did have consensual sex, good on them! Go for it you beautiful gay dudes!

...,you can see why they claimed I was gay when I left,,,,, but In reality I just get annoyed at anything that artificially separates one human from another, be it race, colour, culture, style, class, wealth, education or sexual preference.

Homosexuality in the Jw's is NOT a dirty secret, it's normal behaviour, let's treat it like it, especially when the organisation has some horrendous dirty secrets that are life shattering, illegal, immoral and evidence of their core values,

• oppostate
    oppostate
    ...,but In reality I just get annoyed at anything that artificially separates one human from another, be it race, colour, culture, style, class, wealth, education or sexual preference.

Well said, S&R, and I agree with what you say. I oppose discrimination.

But, why should it be ok to poke fun at a heterosexual quirky person, like Lett is, with homosexually charged deeds? Why? When it is not ok to make jokes about homosexuals' behavior in Bethel.

Whatever the case this thread is taking on a serious tone, in contrast to Brokeback Watchtowe's posts full of homosexual humor at the expense of Lett.

Do you think saying Lett is involved in giving bl0wjobs the same as saying Greelees likes to pinch bums? Really?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Greenlees did a lot more than just pinch bums.

How much do you wanna bet it happened with underage guys?

(There, LoveUni... back onto the child abuse track.)

• steve2
    steve2

Point taken Vidiot - I have heard several different accounts about his behavior around minors - and would never want to justify his alleged behavior or minimize it. I too have questions about what was known by the GB at the time and covered up. Yes, I too doubt whether appropriate secular authorities were notified.

But that is quite different from "allegations" of homosexuality that may or may not have occurred with consenting adult males, whether in the hallowed confines of Bethel or elsewhere.

Snare&racket and LoveUniHateExams both bring a respectful focus to the topic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit