Angelo Catanzaro

by Room 215 20 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Obituary for his nephew who died in 2014

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/northjersey/obituary.aspx?pid=172025386

CATANZARO, David S., age 67, of Paramus, NJ, passed away Monday, August 4, 2014.
    Born in New Jersey, he was the son of Francis and Rose Catanzaro. He lived in New Jersey his whole life and was a well-known successful business man. He was a faithful member of the East Hackensack Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses in Hackensack, NJ. David, known as "Uncle Dave" by countless friends and family, was best known and loved for his charm, wit, great jokes and tremendously kind heart.
    Beloved father of Rachel Blomstrand and her husband Chris Blomstrand and his three grandchildren, Joseph, Brianne and Ryan.
    Survived by his sister, Palma Bigelow and her husband Mark, his uncle Angelo Catanzaro and his wife Mary, cousins Lois and Ray Caruso, Joel and Heidi Caruso, Jeremy Caruso, Jonathan Catanzaro and Kathy Catanzaro, Benjamin Catanzaro and Samuel Catanzaro.
    Family and friends are invited to visit Saturday and Sunday from 4-8 PM at the Volk Leber Funeral Home, 268 Kinderkamack Rd., Oradell. Funeral service Monday, 10AM at the funeral home. Interment to follow at George Washington Memorial Park, Paramus.
    Contributions can be made in David's memory to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, 25 Columbia Heights Ave., Brooklyn, NY 11201
    www.jw.org.

I assume Angelo & Mary were still "in" (or at least pretending) just 1 year ago, or the family wouldn't have included them as "family".

Doc

• blondie
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

This is leading me to think that there was more than one CO with that name, we had him in the k

late 60's early 70's. Then awhile ago the word was that he committed suicide, we're there two CO'S named Angelo Catanzaro? The one we had had a very pleasant voice,he could have done Voice over work.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf
    What a blow hard a#$hat! AKA Captain Zero
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    I remember the name Catanzaro as a CO in the Chicago area in the Sixties. That being fifty years ago, it seems likely that there have probably been various COs or DOs of that name.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Angelo had been a CO/DO forever... all the way back to when they were called "circuit servants" and served my parents' area before they married and before Angelo married. I last saw he and Mary maybe 10 years ago when they were serving up in the Wallkill/Patterson area. I think Mary had a sister living up there that they would stay with and look after on the weekends. He was certainly up in years but still had energy and enthusiasm. At the time, they were talking about going off the road... very soon now. If he had learned TTATT, I didn't see any particular evidence of that, but then, I wasn't looking. I don't know of any other COs with that name.

He had a nephew Jonathan (wife Kathy) Catanzaro, as mentioned in the obituary above, who also was or still is a circuit overseer.

• sunny23
    sunny23
    Jonathan (wife Kathy) Catanzaro, was our CO in indiana around 2004 give or take a year, and then he moved to florida, we helped him move his stuff personally, and we eventually moved to florida and he was my CO in central florida around 2010. Never met angelo
  • SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I think Angelo was in the St. Louis area in the 70s when I was a kid. Shrugs.

Snakes

• minimus
    minimus
    I'm pretty sure we had him as a circuit servant in the early 70s in Massachusetts, He was a good speaker and typical CS for that time. Kinda like Sam Belfiore.
  • lostinthought
    lostinthought
    He was my co when I was a kid, then when I was in pioneer school he was the instructor. I went to pioneer school in 2001, he was old then. But if I remember the story correctly, he was a co since the age of 17. He was pritty hard core so I would be surprised if he did know the tatt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit