Governing Body Obesity

by Calebs Airplane 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Not sure if this subject has been covered recently but I thought I'd make this observation anyway...

I remember when the word "gluttony" was a frequently mentioned sin in public talks, in the WT publications, in convention talks, etc.. In fact, in the 80's and 90's it wasn't unusual to hear the words "gluttony" and "disfellowship" mentioned in the same sentence. I haven't been to a meeting in over 5 years, so I'm not sure if they still harp on the subject of gluttony or other excesses. But I can't help but notice how much heavier the GB 2.0 has become compared to previous regimes. Geoffrey Jackson, Samuel Herd, Tony The Turd and Gerritt Losch could all stand to lose at least 30 pounds. Lett burns a lot of calories with his frequent face spasms so he's not too bad. That said, I suspect the new regime is really enjoying their newly acquired rock star status in every way possible. I actually wonder if they even eat at Bethel or simply walk out the back door to a waiting limo that takes them to gourmet restaurants.

Nevertheless, I'm curious to know if gluttony is still mentioned from time to time as a sin. Or perhaps the new (and much heavier) GB has given the rank and file permission to indulge in the guilty pleasure of stuffing their faces so they can do the same.

Any insight into this subject from "still in" JWs would be appreciated... Thanks!

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Here is my take on the hypocrisy that is rampant obesity among JW's:

http://darrinhart.hubpages.com/hub/A-Message-from-Jehovahs-Witnesses-Fat-People-Will-Die

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Here is the cults direction specifically for their low level managers on the subject

• _Morpheus
  • _Morpheus
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Sorry not trying to be a bother just trying to get the pertant information to show clearly
  • Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane
    Wow... Thanks Morpheus... Looks like the GB 2.0 need to disfellowship at least 4 of themselves.
  • Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane
    daringhart... thanks!
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Pasty white and over weight...were still going to heaven!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

All seven governing body members rolled into one?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit