The Wizard Of Oz & WTBTS

by Guest 77 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

The witness program is like watching Dorothy in the 'Wizard of Oz', I was enjoying the fantasy until I woke up! Is that good or bad?

Guest 77

• D8TA
    D8TA

Uh....

The way the DSOM ( Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon) and Wizard of Oz works is you put the CD in and put it on play and immediatly pause it(the display on your player should flash 00:00). Then start the movie and when the MGM lion roars the third time you should immediatly unpause the CD and turn down your TV's volume. You'll know that you have it right if 'Breathe' starts just as the producers name comes up. This is the only synch that works.

and/or

First off, you must have the CD version of "Darkside of the Moon" or this will not work. Set your CD player on repeat so that the CD repeats itself when it is over. That's right, the CD plays a total of 3 times before the movie's end, matching up all the way through! Next put "The Wizard of Oz"in your VCR and get ready to push play on the CD player just as the MGM Lion roars for the third time. You have to make sure you get it exactly right or some of the enjoyment will be lost. Some CD players have a delayed starting time so you might have to experiment around to determine the correct starting point for your player. Try pausing the the CD at "0:00" on track one and simply press unpause at the third lion roar.

==========================================================================================

Cowardly ripped off some web-sites which I'm too lazy to link here. So there. This isn't mine...it's someone elses. Happy? No? Well...take a vacation.

D8TA

• Navigator
    Navigator

The Wizard of Oz is one of my favorite stories. The Scarecrow was especially at home in Oz(WTBTS) because he didn't really need a brain since the GB did his thinking for him. He must have been smarter than the GB, however, since even he discovered that he needed a diploma. The tin man seemed to operate quite well without a heart and no doubt found himself regularly selected for Judicial Committees. His testimonial consisted of being appointed elder. This board is heavily populated by cowardly lions who discovered their courage and got out.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Navigator, yeah while I was in Boston recently I picked up the movie and I have sinced played it. Gee, I haven't seen this movie in half a century. I got the video with the extra footage which was interesting. garybuss posted a picture of the Wizard in this forum. Check it out.

D&TA, I don't have the set-up. Can you describe the sound?

Guest 77

• DINKY
    DINKY

In my US History class, we read an excellent analysis of the original Wizard of OZ. Turns out the story illustrates the Populist platform and its desire for a bimetallic standard.

Dorothy - the innocent citizen

Tin Man - eastern laborers, labor interests; the harder they work, the harder it is to work

Scarecrow - midwestern farmers; often criticized for having a brain of straw

Lion - William Jennings Bryan, Populist Party Candidate

Wicked Witches - political interests of east and west coasts; the plight of the midwest was often overlooked

Flying Monkeys - Native Americans

Silver slippers on a gold road - Populists' belief that creating a bimetallic standard would enrich the midwest (with silver) enabling them to keep up (on the gold road).

Symbolism in Literature is so cool!

Dinky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit