Bangalore

Found this on Facebook.

Bangalore

• clarity
    clarity
    WoW!
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I think the true meaning of the burqa is to show the whole world the ridiculousness of religious piety.

I find it difficult to take the burqa seriously ...

Image result for joke burqa

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Is that the new TOMO workout line for the Fall??? LOL!!!

DD

• rebel8
    rebel8

Even when you try to find legitimate websites explaining the meaning, all you get is "modesty".

It does strike me as a symbol of subservience and silence. It would be interesting to confirm this information from a legit source.

• Village Idiot
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

rebel8:

"It does strike me as a symbol of subservience and silence. It would be interesting to confirm this information from a legit source."

There is a great span in the attire of Muslim women depending on the degree of religiosity they have.

• Liberal Muslim women don't wear anything on their heads.
    • Moderates wear a simple veil over their heads.
    • Conservatives wear the full Hijab but not necessarily with their faces covered.
    • Extreme conservatives wear the Hijab with a veil on their face as well.
    • Even more so are those who wear the full ensemble with their eyes covered by a fishnet in a very narrow slit barely allowing them to see where they're going. That's intended for men who would look at their eyes in case they're beautiful.

Wearing the veil could be interpreted as a simple act of modesty projected unto their god. It is the more advanced levels of dress that could be considered a sign of subservience to men.

The purpose of the most extreme forms of Muslim dress for women seems aimed at the goal of turning them into a shapeless blob that would not allow men to see them and thus be the subject of fantasy. It's intended to keep men from jerking off at night to the sight of a woman they would just happen to see during the day. This would not be far from what Jesus said about those who look at a woman with lust as committing adultery in their hearts - Matthew 5:27-30. Conservative Muslims simply take Jesus' words to their logical extreme an save men from the temptations of a mere ideation.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Notice the uncovered face, make-up and stylish glasses that seemingly go against the spirit of a full blown ensemble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6gyteBuFHUo

Versus:

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Why don't the blokes wear this kind of attire?
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yea Punky, let the ladies wear what they like, and the blokes can hide themselves and their snaggle tooth faces !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit