only 3 meals a day

by shera 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shera
    shera

Do you remember the elders having talks about only eating three meals a day.

Yes, I agree with eating healthy,but my daughter's grandmother is a JW. My daughter told me when she was visiting her,her nanny was saying she was hungry and she wasn't suppose to eat because of the meetings.Also she already ate supper.Well my daughter told me..she said F-them and she ate anyways....hehe

Isn't that nutts tho,feeling you are controled about how to eat?!

• Prisca
    Prisca

That's the first I've ever heard of it, and I was a 3rd generation JW. Maybe it was a local thing?

• ballistic
    ballistic

This is the thing, they make casual remarks in the Watchtowers, which while not core doctrine, make up the framework of ideals - every word of which the r&f dub hangs onto. And add to this the numerous off-the-cuff comments made by elders, COs and DOs and you've got a complete hodge-podge of advise, even rules, which isn't even attainable.

A circuit overseers talk stressed to us that you should not order beer by the pint (even though that is the normal measure here in England). His reason: you don't drink tea by the pint so you must be drinking beer in that quantity to get drunk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit