Jesus' unWitnesses

by stichione 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stichione
    stichione

The Watchtower magazines have a section entitled "Life Stories" where the testimonies of persons who have spent their entire lives in the service of the Organization or Bethel are narrated.

In the September 1st 2002 Watchtower magazine on page 25 I found the story of Gladys Allen who recounts almost 60 years of her life spent as first a regular then special pioneer.

Typical of Miss Allen but evident in many other of these testimonies, I find that mention is made of WTS publications, Governing Body members, Theocratic Schools attended etc. However, I am hard-pressed to find any reference to how the Bible changed her life, or her love for Jesus Christ.

I do not by any means put in doubt the love Miss Allen and others who write these testimonies have for God and Jesus, but I find it disappointing that although she spent 57 years following in the footsteps of Jesus, Christ is never mentioned once! (Only the word Christian appears one time in the entire article). And she had 5 pages available to her!

Instead Jehovah is mentioned a few times, including N. H Knorr, the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, The Watchtower and Consolation magazines, the Million Now Living Will Never Die book, even carrying the placard "Religion is a snare and a racket". But no mention of Christ.

How sad that our Savior is sidelined in this manner by the Watchtower Society and the Dubs, allowing our Lord to take backseat to the visible Organization here on earth.

• Matty
    Matty

Thank you for pointing this out. I'm quite sure this is not intended by her, but it typically shows Jehovah's Witnesses' priorities.

It's certainly a testament to the way the Witnesses control your mind in that you only notice these things once you leave the religion.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

its just representative of the WTS attitude to Jesus. an other example would be that out of over 200 songs in the song book, only 7 are about Jesus.

• DJ
    DJ

Stichione,

LOL @ your name......are you Italian by any chance?

In my family it's very common to have Jesus's name added to the end of a prayer but that's it. I never hear His name mentioned other times. When I use bring Jesus up in conversation, it is more or less ignored but I get this strong sense that they feel uncomfortable hearing it. It's sad. Does anyone else's family only refer to the kingdom as Jehovah's Kingdom?? I thought that I remembered that they use to say Jesus's kingdom but they don't anymore. This bothers me because what the heck is wring with saying Christ's kingdom?

• stichione
    stichione

DJ,

I understand precisely what you mean.

BTW, yes to your first question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit