Help for Freeminds? & upcoming documentary

by waiting 4 Replies latest social current

• waiting
    waiting

To all my dear friends and supporters,

Greetings from Randy Watters!

I rarely write a note like this, but our momentary circumstances take priority. A rash of yearly bills suddenly due and decreased contributions (down 28% from last year) as well as lagging sales this year have brought our checking account down to zero dollars. I expect this is a temporary crisis, but we are in need of help. If you are able to help us in this moment, I would sincerely appreciate it. You can call or make contributions over the internet, or by mail. No need to respond if you are not interested, thank you. This is a one-time request. We are a non-profit corporation in the State of California and all contributions are tax-deductible in the U.S.. Know any more potential sponsors?
    online secure contributions: www.freeminds.org/contributions.htm

NEW PROJECT!!

On the "better news" side, negotiations are in the works for a DOCUMENTARY on the Jehovah's Witnesses by a local Hollywood sound (and video) studio. It has roots that go back about 10 years. A long-time friend of mine Everett Williams dropped by the other day, and once-again shared his dream of doing some sort of video and helping people get their lives together after leaving the Watchtower. Everett is African/American, and he has a special desire to see his people develop a life and career after leaving the group. Everett works in the film editing business, and just began a partnership with a new studio in Santa Monica by the name of Burn, Inc. Chris Miller is the owner and a writer, and Phil Harrelson is his partner, coming from the Sound Dogs Studio. Everett mentioned to me that the two are quite interested in doing a documentary on the Jehovah's Witnesses, especially in light of the current issues facing the organization (pedophiles, blood, etc.)

I went over to the studio last week and met a total of seven wonderful people who are pretty gung-ho about doing this! Chris and Phil are real cutting-edge, and this would be a fair and modern documentary, void of narrative but letting the stories and interviews speak for themselves. This would be a Hollywood-quality news documentary, secular in nature, that would be designed for placement at the Sundance Film Festival in a few months, if they can get the funding. The two owners are not strangers to the industry, having recently worked on American Beauty and American Beauty part 2, as well as other PBS-type documentaries.

Please be in prayer about these two matters if you are so inclined. Burn, Inc. will also shortly be looking for funding for the documentary as well, which will not be a part of Free Minds, Inc., but is a VERY worthy project to direct your investment! If you drop me a line and let me know you are interested in more details of how you can help them, please do so!

Watch the Watchtower's OWN Public relations response video to the pedophile issue at: www.randytv.com. It hurts their cause due to its absurdity.

Love you all,
    Randy Watters
    PO Box 3818
    Manhattan beach CA 90266
    310-545-7831

www.WatchtowerNews.Org
    www.Freeminds.Org
    www.exjws.net
    Watch Tower World Discussion Forum

I think what I'm about to do is tacky - but might be worth it. Lisa (LDH) some time ago, started a thread as to what worthwhile organizations we contribute time & money to. Many responded (the IRS doesn't count, btw).

I sent $50.00 to Randy today - my reasoning is that I've bought books from Randy and he was quite honest (for an apostate). I called him once, he was nice & put me in contact with some other people (who also were nice apostates.) I get his journal, well worth the couple of bucks it cost to receive. Freeminds is a non-threatening place for jw's to start looking - and needs to stay.

In other words - Freeminds (tax deductible also) is worth my money. I hope it's worth your money also.

waiting

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Thanks for posting this Waiting.

I'm sure that I speak for Larc also; we will be sending a check to Randy to aid in his efforts to keep this most worth-while, and much appreciated, site operating.

• Tina
    Tina

Thanks for posting this waiting! Thank you Randy for all your work,,I'll get something out to you this week,regards,Tina

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, Randy has been putting in a lot of work for a long time and helped a great many people - me included.

Please help him out now. I'm sure there will be a greater and greater need for support organisations to be in place as more and more people leave the organisation.

Randy...my cheque is in the post

• waiting
    waiting

Aaahhh,

Being tricky here - back to the top with this one - it and the thread about SilentLambs deserves more applause, attention, and some money - they both have earned it with their works.

Please help as they've help us?

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit