by kelpie 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• kelpie
    kelpie

Hi all,

Would love to talk to any ExJW's in the canberra region

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Kelpie and welcome aboard.

Glad you think the natives here are friendly. Most times we are, but sometimes.............................

Anyway, we look forward to getting acquainted. I'm sorry to say we're not very close geographically, but in NSW there's quite a number of posters and non-posters who are in a loose association of exDubs. As you would expect, those exDubs up in Sydney kinda have the numbers, and you may like to attend one of their apostafests. Prisca or I usually "announce" the gatherings here on JWD, so "watch this space"!

BTW did you see the "Sunday" program? A few familiar faces there, eh?

Cheers, Ozzie

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Hi Kelpie. Well, I know how cold Canberra can get, especially when you're an x-JW. It's a small place and everyone knows everyone else, especially being in a close-knit, busy-body organisation. I'm only new here and still a bit shy but I was blown away when i saw someone from Canberra posting on this site. I would be happy to keep in contact with you. Chin up and time will help heal the pain, it did for me. Cheers, Bliss.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Welcome to the board Bliss!

There's quite a few Aussies on this board, posting as well as lurking, so feel free to email me or any of the other Aussies if you want to get in contact with a "local".

• barry
    barry

Gday Bliss, Im in Canberra too Ive only studied with the JWs so I dont qualify as an apostate but Im thinking of joining and then leaving for a while just so I can be a proper apostate. Barry

• Khepri
    Khepri

Hi Kelpie, don't know if you're still in Canberra as I see your post was a VERY long time ago, but if you are I'd be happy to get in touch. I was disfellowshipped about 5 years ago and used to be in Civic congregation. Send me a message if you're still around : )

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, kheprie. Gee, I miss so many newbies in another time zone. You might want to check out

http://www.frappr.com/xjws

for locals.

• penny2
    penny2

Hi Khepri, welcome to JWD!

There are lots of Aussie posters - I think sass_my_frass might be near you.

penny (from South Australia)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit