Spiritual Mother?

by marsal 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• marsal
    marsal

I was a JW for 4 years in the mid seventies and I never heard the term "spiritual mother". I have been visiting some message boards and have seen the term come up a few times. Could someone please explain what it means?

• Simon
    Simon

I think it's to do with the 'earthly organisation' being the bride of christ (or was it his dad?) thus the 'mother' to go along with the holy father.

Alternatively, once can just shout "cobblers"

• ballistic
    ballistic

If you add 23, change 'a day for a year' and minus the number you first thought of, you arrive at 1914. Does that explain it?

Sorry I don't know.

• Navigator
    Navigator

Marsal

If you should read any Unity Material or Religious Science material, you will see the term Father/Mother God. It is entirely appropriate to refer to God in the feminine gender when referring to the creative aspects of God.

• blondie
    blondie

This is what I perceive the WTS believes is the "mother" relationship. The problem is that it means that the "other sheep" cannot consider Jehovah their father if their mother is the earthly organization represented by the remnant on earth. And if Jehovah is the Father of the other sheep, then he is married to the Bride of Christ. It means that the other sheep have to go through dear old mom to get to Jesus or Jehovah.

God (Jehovah) = Father

Heavenly Organization = Mother (Hebrews 12:22)

Children

Angels

Jesus

On earth

Jesus = Father

Remnant/Bride of Christ (144,000) earthly organization = Mother

Children

Other Sheep

*** w98 6/1 23 Shouldering Responsibility for Family Care ***

Jehovahs motherlike organization

*** w96 6/1 9 The Serpent's Seed-How Exposed? ***

"The woman" is not Eve but Jehovahs heavenly organization, the mother of his spirit-anointed servants on earth. (Galatians 4:26)

*** w95 11/1 25 "Thrown Down, but Not Destroyed" ***

I have learned to view Jehovah as my Father and his organization as my Mother.

*** w86 12/15 23 "Jehovah Our God We Shall Serve" ***

When the "great crowd" appeal to their "mother" organization for help, this is given instantly and in good measure.

*** w85 3/15 14 Working With the Organizer of All the Universe ***

Jesus Christ, who had Gods heavenly organization as his "mother," was greater and wiser than King Solomon, the renowned son of David and ruler in ancient earthly Jerusalem.

*** w83 7/15 22 "Seek Peace and Pursue It" ***

In order to face up to these violent days, we need the tender guidance of Jehovahs motherly organization.

*** w82 7/1 23 What Birth of the Nation Has Meant for Mankind ***

All pertinent things being honestly considered, a significant fact becomes evident: In the modern fulfillment of Isaiah 66:20 "my holy mountain" refers to a motherlike organization for spiritual Israelites, namely, "Jerusalem above," spoken of in Galatians 4:26.

*** w80 4/1 19 Creation's Hope-Awaiting Its Realization ***

At Eden, then, God set a motherly prospect before his wifelike heavenly organization. From then on she could hope to become mother to the "seed" of which her Husband, Jehovah God, would become the Father.
  • marsal
    marsal

Thank you everyone for your responses. I can only say that I am so glad that I am out of that organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit