Make-A-Wish / IMPORTANT

by myself 5 Replies latest jw friends

• myself
    myself

I received a letter from a locally owned business that touched my heart.

Craig Sheppard is 7 years old and has a brain tumor. He has little time to live. He contacted Make-A-Wish Foundation expressing his desire to have an entry in the Guiness Book of World Records for the largest collection of business cards from an individual. He is allowed only one business card from each company.

I started asking for cards today when I found out and I have probably collected between 200-300 cards today. I am going to sort thru them this weekend to make sure there aren't any duplicates and then I am going to mail them to the foundation. Anyone who can help with this, even if it is sending just one card please send it to :

Craig Sheppard

C/O Make-A-Wish Foundation

30 Perimeter Center East

Atlanta, GA 30346

Time is of the essence. Please help me and others join together to make Craig's dream come true.

Thanks,

Karla aka Myself

Edited by - myself on 18 October 2002 22:8:3

Edited by - myself on 18 October 2002 22:10:55

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Well, your hearts in the right place.

http://tampabay.bizjournals.com/tampabay/stories/1998/08/17/newscolumn5.html

God I hate this crap that floats endlessly thru cyberspace. It is as if it has a life of it's own.

• myself
    myself

Thanks SixofNine.

Ok everybody: Nevermind!!!

Thanks for saving me the postage Six Now what to do with the cards? LOL I actually received it in a letter form from a local company. I will call her Monday.

Karla

Edited by - myself on 18 October 2002 22:18:6

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Karla,

Since Make-a-Wish Foundation recycles the cards people send in to them, you could put them in your own recycling bin.

• myself
    myself

Kenneson, you mean <gasp> the round bin, file 13?

• scootergirl
    scootergirl
    Another way to help out is by letting people know that they shouldn't reply to requests to send greeting cards or business cards to Craig Shergold (or Shepherd or any similar name). I recommend making 20 copies of this article and mailing it to your friends and colleagues.

Myself........your heart was in a the right spot!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit