ATTENTION Lurking Jehovah's Witnesses.

by Martini 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Martini
    Martini

Dear fellow JW's,
    Visiting this Board and briefly viewing some of the comments here your probably wondering if this DB is Pro or Anti-JW.
    Your probably asking yourself is this board for active, 'loyal' Jehovah's Witnesses?
    I'm not sure I can speak on behalf of the posters at this DB, however from my perspective I will "TRY" to set this matter straight for you.
    ARE THOSE POSTING HERE CURRENT JW'S or ARE THEY HIDING THAT THEY ARE APOSTATES?
    IMO people here are not HIDING what they are.
    From what I can tell apart from a few exceptions most here are technically Jehovah's Witnesses.I say technically only because we don't sound like what you would expect ot hear at a KH.
    SO WHY DOES IT SOUND LIKE WE ARE ANTI-JW?
    I believe people here to be sincere and truthful in telling how they feel with regards to the challenges they are facing with being a witness.
    In the past we could not be this open about anything but now those days are gone forever.
    Whether you like it or not those on this board are JW's. You may be ashamed of us speaking the way we do, but we still are your brothers and sisters. You probably wished we would shut our mouth's or worst to disfellowship each and every one here, but you know what, times are a chang'in and you too will have to face the music.

It's your choice, you can stay and make a positive difference or you can shut your mind and leave, but as they say you can "pay now or pay later".
    Future generations of witnesses are only going to be exposed even more to these open forums and change in the Org. will have to come.

Blessings to ALL,
    Martini

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Good post, Martini. Just this morning I was reflecting on the negativity that's present here and asking myself why that is. I think that perhaps the fact that free expression is not tolerated by the WTS is a big factor in it. I can see how someone lurking might be 'frightened' into participation and assuming that all here are looking for nothing but ways and means to criticize the WTS. Maybe we are. Maybe we are striking back here in the only way we know how without hurting friends and family that do not see things the way that we do. Perhaps (for some of us, at least) we are posting the things which cause us the greatest discomfort with the hope that we are mistaken and that someone will come along and correct our thinking and that we will once again dwell in that blissful state we once reveled in. Perhaps that is why we are somewhat short tempered when that attempt is made and we see in that effort only the same type of reasoning and cliches that have for so long disgusted us.
    Perhaps you will be the one that will clear things up for us. Perhaps things will be cleared up for you. Anyway, it's a means of testing what you believe. I think this is one if not the most civil board of its kind in existence. This is due to the people who participate here. Please let us know what you think.

• Seven
    Seven

Good brother Martini-Here is an interesting read about a christian community set in their ways.
    [url] http://www.passtheword.org/SHAKER-MANUSCRIPTS/[/url]

• Martini
    Martini

Hi Frenchy,
    You Said,
    ...with the hope that we are mistaken and that someone will come along and correct our thinking and that we will once again dwell in that blissful state we once reveled in.

Before I can give full devotion to any religious claim, that claim will have to come with next to miraculous evidence. Only Christ himself can do that for us.
    Other than that I will go on following the bible the best way I know how. You know what they say 'once bitten twice shy'.

To 7of9,
    Only One is good, but you already knew that,so I will interpret your post to read;
    GOOD! Brother Martini here...
    Thanks for the link, but I have very little interest in the Shakers. For one I'm not through with the witnesses and secondly I doubt very much anyone can be set in their way. Life does not always go as planned evidently not even for Almighty God because either he planned things to go the way they did with man and earth or he wasn't set in his way, which is it?

Cheers,
    Martini

• waiting
    waiting

Hey 7,

Did not read entire post on Shakers. But if memory serves me, yes, they did shake and yes they were very a very disciplined people, and their founder did not think much about sex -and taught her followers the same. I always got the opinion that was one the tantamount reasons they are no longer around - to be set in one's way without the benefit of a "snuggle" doesn't do well in the long run, huh?

As for the brothers and sisters who might be reading our posts, I agree with the others, we really do try to be open - and when we forget, which we do - we try again to be civil.

That says a lot about the British, Australian, Canadian, North, South, East, West USA, Israel and whoever else I'm forgetting.

We really do appreciate a place to ask, question, sometimes argue, think - and walk away if we want.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy
    Before I can give full devotion to any religious claim, that claim will have to come with next to miraculous evidence. Only Christ himself can do that for us.

Me too!
    waiting: Maybe that's why they shook all the time! FRUSTRATION! You think?

• Maxee
    Maxee

I guess I am guilty of negativity. My apologies to those who I have offended with some of my outspoken comments about the society and issues surrounding them and myself. I care about others and try to respect their beliefs.

IMHO if friends are utilising the net and going to discussions boards than they really should have an open mind. After all they are cyber rebels of sorts as far as the society is concerned.see Nov KM and May KM 99.
    And to come to a conclusion on a matter you really have to see all sides.

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

I agree with all these posts. Thanks for the good thread, Martini. I have a good friend who's a regular meeting attender. And even HE refers to himself as a bit of a rebel, as he doesn't agree with the things Men have done in the name of God. He just isn't convinced that because they do these things, it's possibly not the true religion. Or is there even a "true" religion?

But Martini, I really think you hit the nail on the head. Thanks for the good post.

RCAT

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME

???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit