RC-Observe the birds and the lilies

by bobld 5 Replies latest jw friends

• bobld
    bobld
    The talk was bs.Speaker used an example of how god provides some 60 pounds of fish per week to some bird.In that case god does not care about the life of fish.Who will provide my daily rations? Can I go to a store and take my food? Can I rely on god in my old age (does not the wbts give the boot to co over 70).
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

Having gone through the BS of sacrificing my youth to the Borg, I found this article (WT Apr 15, 2013) disgusting.

"They Offered Themselves Willingly—In Mexico"

“THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO US”
    Dustin and Jassa settled in the town of Tecomán—still near the Pacific Ocean but some 2,700 miles (4,345 km) south of Astoria. “Instead of a cool breeze and mountain views, we have blistering heat and lemon trees as far as the eye can see,” says Dustin. Initially, they could not find jobs. Lacking funds, they ate rice and beans twice a day, week after week. “But just when our diet seemed to become unbearable,” says Jassa, “our Bible students began to give us mangoes, bananas, papayas and, of course, bags full of lemons!” In time, the couple found work with an online language school based in Taiwan. Now the money they earn from that job amply cares for their daily needs.
    How do Dustin and Jassa feel about their new lifestyle? “This move is the best thing that ever happened to us,” they say. “Our relationship with Jehovah and with each other is stronger than we ever believed possible. Every day we do so many things together—go out in the field service, discuss how to help our Bible students, prepare for meetings. Also, we’re free from the type of pressures we felt in the past.” They add: “We now appreciate what we never fully understood before—the truth of the promise found at Psalm 34:8, ‘Taste and see that Jehovah is good.’”

Yeah, let's do the follow-up when Jassa is preggers, and no-degree Dustin is forced to relocate the family to their home country, trying to put the WT philosophy in practice, trying to make ends meet.

Parasitic Borg BS.

(Also see http://jwfacts.com/watchtower/experiences/alltimejeff.php )

• cha ching
    cha ching

Exactly, bobld! The WT takes an illustration, splits it, spins it, twists it, and asks, "and don't we all love that?" .... waiting for the applause.

That is why it is so frustrating. No real thinking allowed.

Soylent Green, describes this type of 'oligarchy' (rule by a few) where the old and homeless are ground up for food..... and become the 'soylent green' to nurish the rest.

So too the WT... While the R&F give their lives to the 'greater good', the WTBTS and the seven men in NY, live in a world that has no regard for the rest.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

So the god of the Watchtower is credited with feeding some bird?

• Magnum
    Magnum

Speaker used an example of how god provides some 60 pounds of fish per week to some bird. In that case god does not care about the life of fish

Good point about the fish. So god takes care of the lions; he makes sure they get their food - the poor newborn wildebeest. Doesn't make sense.

I am aware of many cases of animals' literally starving to death. Where was God when they were starving? I have personally seen many animals die slow deaths as their bodies were ravaged by infections. Where was God then? I have seen numerous videos of animals being eaten alive. Where was God during that time? I have read many accounts of animals chewing their own legs off to free themselves from traps. Why didn't god help them? I have seen videos of raccoons being skinned alive. Where was God? Cats are boiled alive daily to provide food in an Asian market. Where is God?

Oh, so God provides 60lbs of fish per week to some bird. Well, that makes me feel better. Now I can sleep soundly at night.

• pbrow
    pbrow

God was busy giving AIDS to babies in africa that day...

pbrow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit