Experience With An Interveiwer

by ColdRedRain 4 Replies latest jw friends

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Today, I saw a job lead in an job listing paper. It was a travelling salesmen job. I thought to myself "Hell, I might as well put some of the skills I learned as a member of the borg to use." So I called the number. The guy told me that how the job included me going door to door selling magazines to people who may be irate. I told him as a joke "I used to be a Jehovah's Witness, I know how to do that by nature." He asked me if I were disfellowshipped. I told him no, how I left because of doctrinal issues.

A red flag went up. I later found out that this guy's a JW. He explained the job to me. I was to travel from city to city selling magazines. (I told myself "Hey, I can go from town to town meeting new girls while making money." Typical male ideas and behaviors.) And then he told me I probably left because I wanted to do what I wanted to do, and how the troof saved him. (Anybody associated with the 2 by 2's will tell you how they use the same tactics to get members back.) and how I should come back before armageddon, and how that job may not be for me because most of his employees also bring girls to their hotels, and they smoke pot in the hotel rooms. I just sat there and pretended to listen to him, just because I wanted to take the job up in the near future.

Anyways, I thought I could post that experience here.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Is this one of those sales jobs where you get a daily cash allowance and paid hotel room but no more money unless you make sales? I tried a job like that once. They pay for your hotel and give you a little cash each day for food but unless you sell you don't get any more money. What a crappy business for an elder, an example, to be running. He should be ashamed of himself!

Mike.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Well, you can always say that you'll come back before armageddon - no way of lying about that.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

*girls and pot, you don't say?* he thought eagerly

• Swan
    Swan
    A red flag went up. I later found out that this guy's a JW. He explained the job to me. I was to travel from city to city selling magazines. (I told myself "Hey, I can go from town to town meeting new girls while making money." Typical male ideas and behaviors.) And then he told me I probably left because I wanted to do what I wanted to do, and how the troof saved him. (Anybody associated with the 2 by 2's will tell you how they use the same tactics to get members back.) and how I should come back before armageddon, and how that job may not be for me because most of his employees also bring girls to their hotels, and they smoke pot in the hotel rooms. I just sat there and pretended to listen to him, just because I wanted to take the job up in the near future

I don't know where you live, but where I live it is inappropriate and unlawful for a person hiring a potential employee to behave as this person did. If you don't get the job, you have a strong case of discrimination on the basis of religion here.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit