How Long Would the Great Tribulation Last?

by AvailableLight 3 Replies latest jw friends

• AvailableLight
    AvailableLight

In another thread, I wrote the following:

-----

As a JW I always thought we'd be preaching while all the other false religions were being destroyed by government, giving anyone who would listen a last chance. In the past, I even thought about how foolish a worldly person would have to be not to listen - after all, we had predicted this very turn of events in our publications for decades.

Then, I thought JWs would be the last religion standing and that political organizations like the UN would come after us at which point God would step in to save us (though not without a few JW casualties who'd undoubtedly be shortly resurrected minus the ability to get married and procreate), the preaching work would cease, and the loving massacre of the billions of wicked and ignorant humans would ensue - all simultaneously. For some reason, I always imagined this taking place over the course of a couple of short weeks or even days.

Finally, the few million remaining humans begin their growth towards perfection, spending 1/3 of each day studying with the resurrected, 1/3 of eacy rebuilding and cultivating the earth, and 1/3 of each day carrying out normal human "chores" like eating and especially reproduction.

In retrospect, it seems ridiculous to me.

-----

Which got me we wondering: What are/were your impressions of how the GT would play out?

Edited by - AvailableLight on 17 October 2002 11:43:17

Edited by - AvailableLight on 17 October 2002 11:43:41

• AvailableLight
    AvailableLight

Sorry for the duplicate thread... Simon, can you delete this?

• Valis
    Valis
    In another thread, I wrote the following:

Um yeah you did, this is what we call spamming the board, i.e. posting the same thread more than once. if you want people to take you seriously and respond you have to be patient and refrain from posting your topic more than once. Just a friendly reminder.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• gumby
    gumby

What are/were your impressions of how the GT would play out?

Like this. Things will really get BAD.

First..the governments will ban beer

Then, as if thats not bad enough......the witnesses will turn on us Apostates.

Just when it looks hopeless with no way out.....Ray Franz will appear in the sky and collect all his chosen ones together. The Witnesses left on the earth will live for Eternity with Fred Hall running the show.

This is ONLY my opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit