How Long Would the Great Tribulation Last?

by AvailableLight 3 Replies latest jw friends

• AvailableLight
    AvailableLight

In another thread, I wrote the following:

-----

As a JW I always thought we'd be preaching while all the other false religions were being destroyed by government, giving anyone who would listen a last chance. In the past, I even thought about how foolish a worldly person would have to be not to listen - after all, we had predicted this very turn of events in our publications for decades.

Then, I thought JWs would be the last religion standing and that political organizations like the UN would come after us at which point God would step in to save us (though not without a few JW casualties who'd undoubtedly be shortly resurrected minus the ability to get married and procreate), the preaching work would cease, and the loving massacre of the billions of wicked and ignorant humans would ensue - all simultaneously. For some reason, I always imagined this taking place over the course of a couple of short weeks or even days.

Finally, the few million remaining humans begin their growth towards perfection, spending 1/3 of each day studying with the resurrected, 1/3 of each rebuilding and cultivating the earth, and 1/3 of each day carrying out normal human "chores" like eating and especially reproduction.

In retrospect, it seems ridiculous to me.

-----

Which got me we wondering: What are/were your impressions of how the GT would play out?

Edited by - AvailableLight on 17 October 2002 11:47:9

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

What? No sleeping?

Or is that what meetings are for?

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Didn't they liken it to Jerusalem's tribulation where the parents would end up eating their children for food? Well, all my kids have grown up and become parents. Now, does it refer to them? As to the length of time? Hmmmmmm. How about guessing a time especially considering the time zone factor.

Guest 77

• Dismembered
    Dismembered
    In retrospect, it seems ridiculous to me.

Because it is

Dismembered

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit