Has Anyone Read This Book ???

by curiouschristy 5 Replies latest jw friends

• curiouschristy
    curiouschristy

Hi again all!! I would like to tell everyone that posts on here that I apprectiate reading all of the different subjects, the different experiences they dealt with. It's so amazing how people of all walks of life, have the same stories, points, evidence, and such of the jws, the borg..... Reading on here is making me so much stronger in pulling away from the evil thoughts that lurk in the back of my mind, that maybe this is the truth, even though I've been out for 12 yrs, and was only in as a child- teenage yrs, got disf'd, and my family was taken away, so you could see why I would have these "evil" thoughts wagering 'round aimlessly.

Also, I know there are so many informative books out there written by exjws, I although have not read any yet, as I just started my research, although I have a book given to me by a friend of mine, that I started reading yesterday, and I couldn't hardly put it down!!!

It's "Jehovah's Witnesses, Watch Out For The Watchtower" -- written by an exjw Gordon E. Duggar. I think it was published in mid 1980's, a very informative book! Esp. for someone like me who don't know jack about the beginning of this "cult", how it started, blah blah blah, until now!!

So, check it out! Today actualy, I am calling my local Book Store and ordering "Crisis Of Conscience" ... I can't wait to read it!!

Thanks again all for being nice to me and reading my posts, you've all been such a big help!!!

Getting Stonger Everyday!!!

((((hugs & kisses))))

CC

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

I haven't read COC yet.....but my intentions are to this winter. I was suprised to find out that our library doesn't carry it.......hmmm........

• Francois
    Francois

Isn't there now a C of C second edition? I've already read the first edition, so is there enough difference in the second edition to make it worthwhile to re-read? Watcha think?

francois

• johnathanseagull
    johnathanseagull

Read C of C and then read " In search of Christian Freedom" by Mr Franz, it'll knock ya socks off, always carry my copy around with me,

• email
    email
    Isn't there now a C of C second edition? I've already read the first edition, so is there enough difference in the second edition to make it worthwhile to re-read? Watcha think?

Crisis of Conscience is on it's FOURTH Edition... and it's great... It's got all the latest new info on the UN, newer publications, comments on the newer books etc.

curiouschristy... Keep on reading... keep searching... keep learning... it'll do you a lot of good...

<email>

• onacruse
    onacruse

CC: My own experience...I've read lots of books, from Thirty Years a Watchtower Slave and on, but what has by far had the biggest impact on my post-dub life is learning from and sharing with the fantastic folks in this forum.

"Getting Stronger Everyday!!!"

You BETCHA!

Craig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit