It felt like the Tuesday night Book Study

by Sadie5 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Sadie5
    Sadie5

I haven't posted in awhile, just reading when I can. Hubby and I are starting a new business with some other people. Our business is in a slump right now so we need some other avenues to bring in money.

We've been meeting at our house with other people that wanted to get involved. We'll do this until we can get an office building.

Tuesday nights, I get home, throw something together for a quick dinner. Tidy up the living room, the kids set up some folding chairs. It felt like Book Study night. I told hubby, I didn't think I could ever go back to going to meetings like that again, it is too exhausting.

On the plus side, the dress was casual, we all wore jeans. And we talked about something interesting, making money. And everyone was enthusiastic with ideas. Sure hope it works.

Just stopping in to say hi.

Sadie

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Well, good luck Sadie w/your business ventures.

We use to have bookstudy in our basement and one of the jobs that me and my brother use to do was vacuum and set up chairs. To this day, I vacuum in straight lines.......front and back in nice little very uniform strips so that it looks nice. And folding chairs.......well even to this day they HAVE to be put in small rows otherwise something just insn't right! LOL

• curiouschristy
    curiouschristy

I just wanted to say GOOD LUCK to you and your hubby on your business!! My hubby and I have our own, and I know how hard it can be!!

Keep your head up, all will get better and easier!!

I will keep you in my Thoughts and Prayers!!!

CC

• SYN
    SYN

Hehe, the Witnesses at my old Book Study also used to talk about ways of making money, but they were far from interesting and revolved around selling literature!

• freedom96
    freedom96

My hat is off to anyone trying to do something for themselves. Good luck!

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

yes I hope it works out for you all, just get things in writing, even if you become the best of friends,things could turn.

I sometimes still make the easier meals on Tues and Thur nights, but now if I do then hubby and I can just go for a walk that much earlier and farther. p.s. nothing cleans a house like having company come over.

• JBean
    JBean

Congrats on your new venture, Sadie5! I too have just started my own business (along with also working full time to keep a much needed paycheck!), so I know how exhausting it can be. Keep the faith and good luck! : )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit