Has anybody heard?

by Been there 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Been there
    Been there

I am wondering if anyone has heard how Mary is doing.

Any contacts?

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

Mom's fine. Thanks for asking.

• Been there
    Been there

Thanks JC, I knew if anybody knew you would. Hows your appendix? or should I say lack of?

Edited by - Been There on 15 October 2002 20:22:56

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

After almost 2 months I'm actually pretty much back to normal. I still can't lift very heavy stuff and I've got a nasty scar but other than that I'm good.

Thanks for asking.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hey JC, what kind of surgery did you have? I had an appendectomy done with that new-fashioned microsurgery and was out the next day, with only tiny gashes.

The only appendix I have now is in the back of my old New World Translation.

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

Gopher,

I hope you realize how incredibly lucky you were! I got mine cut out late on a Friday night. I didn't leave the hospital until Monday which was probably too early. I got one NASTY infection from it (doesn't help that my imune system is weaker than most people's because I'm also insulin dependant diabetic) and was pretty much out of commision for a month. When they did mine I was fully cut open and everything. The incision is probably about 5 inches long.

I really wish they would have done something like your operation when I had mine taken out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit