Watchtower Study/Bible Study...

by DianeW 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DianeW
    DianeW

Can you tell me why in your NWT of the Bible John 20:28 says, "In answer Tomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"" (Captial G) to the resurrected Jesus, however in John 1:1 it says, "In the begining the Word was, and the Word was with God, and teh word was a god." (lower case g) and then since JWs have said that he (Jesus) is a creation (the first creation, Archangel) in your very own NWT it says in John 1:3 "All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence.

It would seem to me that if ALL things came into existence through him, and apart from him NOT EVEN ONE thing came into existence, then He must be God and not Archangel. Please explain anyone who can. Thank you.

• Robert_V_Frazier
    Robert_V_Frazier

Explanation: The Bible teaches that Jesus is God, and the Watchtower Society doesn't believe the Bible on this point -- among many others.

Robert V. Frazier

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm of the opinion that the reason all the faiths can't get it straight is because the bible contains sooo many inconstancies. This causes different people to come to different conclusions based on what scriptures happen to catch their attention.

• heathen
    heathen

My guess is it has something to do with Mat.-1:23 where again we see the the capital G in reference to jesus.

• bite me
    bite me

Just looking through old messages in the search feature.

The notice of the capital G in reference to Jeus is a good point.

Does the WTS have a say of what that is supposed to mean?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

They explain it away. similar to when a person says "Oh My God, I cant believe I ate the whole thing!"

Now the person who says this is not saying they ate god. In like manner, Thomas is not saying Jesus is god, only that he was surprised to see him.

makes perfect sense to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit