There is NO religion that could make me......

by LDH 8 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

I spoke with my sister last night back in NY about this whole JW thing. (She is DA'd). We were discussing my pregnancy and the fact that my Mom hasn't even bothered to say anything except for the fact that since I'm 'inactive with doubts' the baby would die at Armegeddon anyway. (Which she didn't even say to me).

My sister is so mad at my mom for her behavior. But, Like I told my sister, speaking as a parent, There is NO religion that could make me emotionally abandon my daughter. I can't think of anything she could do that would be so bad (with the exception of being a murderer or child molester) that would make me turn my back on her!

Now, I know I'm an adult and not a 'child'--but speaking as a parent, I will allow my daughter to make decisions that disagree with mine and I WILL support her!

Therefore, although I know the flakey JW rules are what's 'making' her not talk to any of her three kids,I also feel it's her fault! And of course this further enables the martyr complex she has. (Woe is me...none of my children love Jehovah....I'm sacrificing my children for Jehovah like the Israelites did... Nazarites can we be like them...Self Denial was their role...)

A large crock of bull@*#&, if you ask me.

Is there a religion that could make you emotionally abandon your child?

• notperfectyet
  • bigboi
    bigboi

LDH:

To be honest with there once was one. The Watchtower Bible and tract Society. I think if I were still a witness I probably would treat my kids the same way your mother now treats you. Well maybe not the same. Even when I was active i never treated disfellowshipped persons badly. I never new it was taboo to look at them, maybe that's why I would get these strange looks from the few who visited the hall i used to attend. So maybe I wouldn't have treated my kids that way. I mean the most important thing we were supposed to have learned at the kh was to love our fellow man. That scripture in John always was highlighted. So it never made sense to me why so called "weak ones" should be treated as if they were some grave danger to flock as a whole. I mean everybody has problems sometimes, nobody's perfect. More effort should be put into helping people in those congregations get the help they need to cope with the problems they are faced with now. If God allows us to go through problems, I don't think he'll mind us fixing the ones we can.

• doubtingsister
    doubtingsister

I could never and would never turn my back on my children. I'd probably just talk to Jehovah about it and do what I felt was best and ignore the counsel from the elders. But, doesn't matter anymore, I'm outta there!

• Prisca
    Prisca

Dear LDH,

I fully agree with you. If I had children, I would never abandon them despite what religion they chose to follow (even the WTS, lol!)

And congrats on the pending arrival of your little one. When is it due?

• Gozz
    Gozz

Whenever the reaction to DF/DA's are being discussed, WT literature has always used the reasoning that were the situation to be in Israel of old, the defaulters would have been promptly executed, so that there would be no opportunity for friends and relatives to associate with them. There seem to be a consistent amnesia about the law of the Christ. There is a clear cut difference between Law and Love. No, anyone abandoning his/her child for the sake of a religion attempts to truncate reason, and prevent the exercise of free will, a basic gift to all thinking things.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi LDH,

Don't you know the scripture that says we must be perfect as our heavenly father is perfect? So if your child doesn't listen to you, you should kill him, just like God. He even put it in the law for his loving nation, Israel.

Remember when God was going to destroy the whole nation and start a new one with Moses, until Moses showed him how foolish he would look to the nations.

Don't you believe Christ when he said he came to not make peace, but a sword and you would be enimies with your family?

Wow woman, don't you see how loving it would be to follow God's example? Read your bible more.

Sarcastically.

Ken P.

• myMichelle
    myMichelle

Hi Lisa,

Wow. When I read family responses like this one, I'm just astounded, no, astounded doesn't even begin to describe what I feel.

Is there a religion that could make you emotionally abandon your child?

No! I really can't think of anything my children would do that would make me abandon them, ever.

Congrats again on you wonderful news. I thought of you and your allergies this weekend. Weird, you say? Nah, I have a head cold and as I swallowed down some medication to bring blessed relief, I thought how pregnant moms have to restrict the medicine they take. I know the wimpy stuff I was allowed to take didn't cut it, poor Lisa.

Michelle

• claudia
    claudia

NEVER!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit