Circle the wagons?

by thinker 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thinker
    thinker

I don't read very many Watchtowers or Awakes, but the Oct. 1, 2002 Watchtower seems especially concerned with keeping JWs in the Borg.

Pg. 10: (JW teen speaking) "A good relationship with the brothers and

regular attendance at the meetings have kept me from missing mt worldly friends and activities that are popular with kids..."

pg. 11: "

Jehovah's organization helped me to obtain the knowledge of God ." " What a joy to see that many are staying close to Jehovah's organization,..."

pg. 12: "Jehovah blesses and protects those who are

obedient " "However, if we stay close to God and respond quickly to the direction we receive through his Word and organization, we can be assured of his protective care."

pg. 14: "Such a

humble attitude on our part also helps those giving counsel."

pg. 16: "So ask yourself, 'Am I striving to build up my faith through diligent Bible study, prayer, and meditation, as well as by

regular association with God's people ?'"

pg. 17: "Today, Jehovah does not inspire prophets as in the past; instead, he has provided a

faithful slave class ..." "How important, therefore, that we have an obedient attitude toward that "slave!" " Such obedience also reflects our attitude toward Jesus, the 'slaves' master." " Obedience to Jehovah has often involved obedience to his representatives ."

pg. 19: "By

submitting to the slave class, God's people also show their subjection to the Master, Jesus Christ."

pg. 22: "So let us continue to appreciate Jehovah's

wonderful theocratic organization and what it provides."

pg. 28: "Our God invigorates us throughthe Bible,

his earthly organization , and..."

pg. 31: "In these last days, those who would please Jehovah and gain life

cannot afford to hesitate in making the choice between right and wrong, between God's congregation and the corrupt world."

Is this the usual number of thinly-veiled threats?

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I'd say that this is fairly typical. Most publications stress association with the congregation to a certain degree. This does sound as if their ramping up the counsel a bit, however.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Good grief

I was getting ready to eat some dinner, but that made me lose my appetite

• thinker
    thinker

Sorry D-man,

Maybe I should've put a warning on this post.

RHW,

I count 5 "obedient"'s or "obedience", 1 "humble", 1 "submitting",

3 with "attendance" or "Stay close"or "Association" and 5 with"organization", "congregation", "slave" or "representative"

All within 21 pages! I wonder what they were getting at....

• stichione
    stichione

All this repeating has definitely left me brainwashed.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

That is so sick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit