Rejecting something due to unscriptural or pagan origins.....?

by stuckinarut2 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I suppose that witnesses will explain things away by using the "light gets brighter" explanation / excuse?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Bumping for a "new overlapping generation" of forum members....
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

TheWonderofYou - "...even in ancient culture, the semen of divine truth is present."

The "semen of divine truth"?

WTF???

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So, the org has no problem now with some customs such as piƱatas!

A recent magazine basically said it was ok because the tradition now is about fun times with families etc, and the origin doesn't matter.

So why not apply that to birthdays?

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

So what exactly is a 'Baby shower' the sisters in my hall go ape shit with baby showers. Isn't it technically really just a birthday party for the unborn child. I mean it just acknowledging someone day of birth. As was mentioned the angels celebrated Jesus birth so the bible accepts it, as proper thing to do.

Pagan origins, that was a big one for me, all religions are pagan.

The first time I every heard of the WT connection to Pyramidology I was floored. The couple I was studying with gave me an ear full and I had to look it up. Once I realized the origins of our organization, I used the information from the society I dispensed to deconstruct other faiths and turned it on my own faith. It failed by the WT standards as false to the core.

One point that I could never get over was that they (WT) say's Christ came to earth to inspect all of Christianity and found the WT (Jehovah Witness) to be the one's doing Gods will, the closest to the truth as possible. When you look into the facts (pyramidology) about the organization past and by there own standards Christ would of rejected the WT. Why would Christ accept False prophets? speaking in Jehovah name, remember 1914 was supposed to have been the end of this system of thing (Armageddon), it's documented in there own literature. They just pulled an overlapping generation scam and because it worked so well they recycled it again.

MC

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

There could be nothing more natural than a parent wanting to acknowledge the anniversary of their child's birth.

Unlike some other celebrations, birthdays are a no brainer!!! It is stupid to use the 2 events in the bible that had bad things happen at a birthday to be a guide. It does not hold up.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Almost the entirety of Bible is pagan in origin.

It was the Roman church in the fifth century which methodically destroyed all the links to its origins to cover its pagan traces which had led up to the unification of all significant prevailing religious beliefs. This is after all what "catholic" means; "all embracing," they never concealed the fact of absorbing the older faiths. What they did however was to distance the newly sanctified Roman Catholic church from the rustic folk stories which had given rise to Christianity in the first place. the Romans maintained control over the plebs by display and status. Paganism of course being rural, equaled low status.

This synchretising or fusing of belief gave the Roman State the political control over all the former pagan temple following and various christ sects, and brought them under the wing of state sponsored religion. For the prestige of the newly fused Catholic church and its own selection of texts which formed the Bible, the state endowed it with wealth and grand architecture to identify it as divinely ordained. They continued using all the old pagan offices such as Pontiff (from Pontifex Maximus the great bridge maker. The pontiff was, and still is also called Papa from the Mithraic pope, Pater patris meaning Father's father.) Yet to suggest the state worship had anything to do with the peasants beliefs simply was not on. It was a state managed denial of paganism.

Just goes to show what money and propaganda can do...

• Watchtower-Free
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Well said indeed Mark of Cain!
  • smiddy
    smiddy

It was in the 60`s , 70`s or maybe the 80`s that the Watchtower had a two ? part series dealing with the Chief Cornerstone of the true religion , Jesus Christ.and the Christian Religion .

It concentrated on the claims made by the Roman Catholic Church to prove the foundation of the R.C. Religion was not built on a solid foundation.

And they supposedly put forth evidence how Jehovah`s Witnesses were built on a solid foundation , the Chief cornerstone , in contrast to the R.C.Religion

Looking back in hindsight , the foundation cornerstone of I.B.S.A. /Jehovah`s Witnesses is anything but stable., more likely built on quicksand .

Can anybody here find that article I am referring to ? I would appreciate it.

Sorry I`m a computer nerd.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit