Is God Overdue?

by SpannerintheWorks 5 Replies latest jw friends

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Before I state anything, I would like to state the following:

1. I am not necessarily stating that God exists.

2. I am not necessarily stating that God does not exist.

O.K., that over, just something to get other people's opinions about.

There are hundreds of different religions out there, all of which contradict each other in at least one fundamental way. There are also those who don't believe in God at all, and some who don't know what to believe, for whatever reason.

There is also a lot of turmoil, wars and threat of wars (very often due to religious belief or disagreements) .

IMO (only,"IMO" by the way) there is much evidence that the creation and development of the Universe, and therefore Earth, had an intelligence behind it.

So has anybody been able to reconcile a belief that "God" created, and sustains, the Universe with a thought that " why hasn't He sorted us all out before we destroy each other? ".

Spanner

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Evidence of intelligence is not evidence of omnipotence.

• nilfun
    nilfun

Maybe She's like earthly mothers, who give life
    but cannot always shield their offspring from being
    harmed or causing harm to others?

Just an idea ...not really sure about the whole Creator thing anyway...

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Six,

It's the other way around, isn't it ?

Spanner

• Shakita
    Shakita

I like the approach of this post. So many posts seem to pit one side(religious) against another(non-religious). Asking for opinions on your own personal views without being judgemental is like "sitting on the fence". I used to hate it when they would say that. "you don't want to be sitting on the fence", "you don't want to be lukewarm", etc.... I like sitting on the fence. It makes me aware of whats going on on both sides. I need that now. I want to be open-minded about God. I want to give him/her the benefit of the doubt. Because right now that's real hard not to do, doubt.

I would like to quote that great man and philosopher, Rodney King: "Can't we all just get along."

Mrs. Shakita

• gumby
    gumby

Evidence of intelligence is not evidence of omnipotence.

Well said Six,... It's the only thing that seems reasonable.Why

If we were the Children of a loving God who cared for us......why have we suffered since our existence?

It was nice believing I had a heavenly dad looking out for me. But I cannot reconsile with the idea when millions are suffering.....good people!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit