So much "growth"! JW Land double sided coin

by thedepressedsoul 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Hi there all,

Here's a graph I did of the World Population growth versus the Average Jehovah's Witness publishers growth per decade. Since 1980 the population growth versus publishers is almost linear. There is still a slight acceleration but that rate itself it slowing. So based upon that general rate of acceleration slowdown I did some projections. This is also based upon the expected rate of growth for the earths population in the 21st century as estimated by the US census bureau.

Greetings

SB

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I think you guys give the WT too much credit and put them up higher and smarter then they are.

I think they were dumb with their money and operated using most of it.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I'd rather be depressed and knowledgeable then blissfully unaware. So for that thanks guys.

• yogosans14
    yogosans14

They are defentily not growing in the United States. Funny story my grandmother was telling me how much growth our local KH has had (she listens on the phone majority of the time since she has bad arthritis) yet when I went there I saw LESS people then I did when I went a year ago. I even couldn't find people that are devout JWs (they were "sick" but I'm seeing this excuse to much lol)

even when my grandma walked in she couldn't believe how empty the seats were!it amazes me how JWs will believe this "growth" lie. I guess the Governing body doesn't want them thinking all that door to door work is a waste of time.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    The growth is not happening I'm over 45 and most kids when I was a teenager left. My sister is 15 years younger and again most of her friends left. Even when in my 20's and dating I new a lot of young ones that I was friends with. Most even when still in I didn't see telling me after the dating years they left. So with all the young ones in the states leaving thier only growth was from third world countries after Easter Europe flopped. These third world countries have increasing access to the Internet so the growth is drying up thier too, Brazil one example. People are leaving Christianity in droves, this cult too.
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart
    Iwonder how many child abuse cases will be coming through the courts and how much they will be find.They could still keep the trolley work going with single sheet tracts if need be
  • problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Orphan crow,

So I would LOVE to know more about how they are getting paid from goverments for literacy aids. Can you please help me out here or point me to a thread where you have your research.

You are an awesome member of this group. Research at this level takes a particular mind. No wonder the crows liked you so much.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I imagine anything used for reading could be called a "literacy aid."

And they do offer free home lessons in the form of a bible "study."

• clarity
    clarity
    Watchtower is growing!! haha ... Hitler said, "If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.”
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Listener: I'd rather be depressed and knowledgeable then blissfully unaware. So for that thanks guys.

Me too.

Depression occurs when we feel helpless and unable to do something about it. That is why I talk about it - speaking is doing something. At least it is a start.

problemaddict2: Orphan crow,
    So I would LOVE to know more about how they are getting paid from goverments for literacy aids. Can you please help me out here or point me to a thread where you have your research.
    You are an awesome member of this group. Research at this level takes a particular mind. No wonder the crows liked you so much.

And I like crows. They are amazing creatures. They pass their knowledge down through generations and they were here long before we were.

Barbara posted a thread a while back about WT literature being used in the school system in the Philippines:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/234180001/article-published-philippines-group-offers-translate-bible-into-pangasinan-name-group-wts-remote-translaton-office

I am pretty sure I have something, somewhere on one of my other computers, that confirms that the WT is involved in supplying books for literacy in the Philippines and receiving funding for it, but I can't find it right now. However, it is also possible that the supply of books to schools is part of the WTS' "charitable works" which, of course, translates into tax free status. (Damn...I wish my other computer wasn't already packed....I am in the middle of a move.)

This article also discusses the WTS' involvement in literacy:

http://jehovahswitnessreport.com/blog/education-for-children-should-empower-not-indoctrinate

But, in that article, the author says this:

These goals were transformed into an action plan within the Philippines that is currently being rolled out at a national and local level using a range of service providers.
    Within this mix of providers and with the surprising support of the University of the Philippines-Diliman, is the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of the Philippines Inc.
    It is reported by the INQUIRER.NET, that the Watchtower Society have translated some children’s religious materials into the Bicol language and provided some free books. The article states “that the aim is to help children understand moral values better.” It is unclear from the report whether the Watchtower Society has received any money for this work or for the books. The translators are volunteers.

A country that has a high representation of Jehovah's Witnesses is Zambia, Africa. A paper submitted for a Masters degree at the University of Zambia, 2013, discusses literacy and the Jehovah's Witnesses role in education.

AN EVALUATION OF THE LITERACY PROGRAMME OFFERED BYTHE CHURCH: A CASE OF SELECTED

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS CONGREGATIONS IN CHONGWE DISTRICT IN ZAMBIA

The author doesn't self identify as a JW, but I believe that it was written by a JW - the language is WT language in many places, and in the acknowledgements at the beginning of the paper, the student says this:

Firstly, I would like to pass my deep and sincere debt of gratitude to my academic supervisor Dr
    Banda Dennis for his continuous and constructive corrections. His valuable suggestions and
    generous guidance enriched this study throughout every stage. Jehovah God will bless and
    reward him.

The paper is lengthy and identifies the significance of the study as this:

It is hoped that the findings of the study may urge the Ministry of Education (MoE) to
    acknowledge the work done by Jehovah‟s Witnesses and extend funding and monitoring
    activities to such literacy programmes.
    The findings may also be beneficial to the Jehovah‟s
    Witnesses in the sense that they may start getting the recognition and help that they were not
    getting from the government, and it may also be useful in helping them to reflect on their role in
    the provision of adult literacy programme and decide on how best they can improve.

I would like to do some more investigation into how the WTS is working with organizations like UNESCO, and how and where they receive benefit and/or funding to do so, but I am afraid I get distracted by other issues like blood and stuff like that. There are some papers published concerning the WTS and literacy that are written by "outside" academics that are very interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit