For Thanksgiving ......

by Mimilly 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Well, for Canadians anyway, it's this weekend. I hope everyone has a safe holiday and gets a chance to have some precious moments with their loved ones.

It's especially sweet for me this year. I received my first pay cheque this week and was able to buy groceries for the first time in quite awhile.

I have a great job, only three weeks old.

I got to see my mom for an overnight visit and she got to see the changes in me. To see her beam with pride was a dream come true. She's been waiting a long time for me to get on my feet after what's happened.

I have a three day weekend, which I'll not have again due to my job, and for these three days I will be with my two treasures, Beth and Shelene.

And along with them, I'll curl up and watch movies, nosh on food and let our two dogs, two cats, and two kittens entertain us with their endless antics.

Lots of hugs, kisses and snuggling. Beth and I will be nursing Shelene back to health after her operation on her mouth this morning. (dental work - a ligament had to be removed from the top and inbetween her front teeth to her lip) I'm gonna take care of my 'baby'. (she's 18yrs)

While I'm certainly an appreciative and thankful person on a daily basis, this is the very first time Thanksgiving has meant more than a 'day off'. It's extra super sweet and I will bask in appreciation. With each year, I break the psychological chains from the borg more and more.

This year, Thanksgiving marks great changes in my life - all for the better. I intend to celebrate.

Have a good one and keep safe.

hugs, Mimilly

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Mim, it is so good to see you beaming with happiness. I am so glad you are going thru all the good stuff for a change, you deserve it. Have a happy thanksgiving and enjoy the family and animals. Oh and the food too.

I swear this post is just beaming with happiness. This is so great , thanks for sharing it.

hugs, dede

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Happy Thanksgiving, Mim. Hope you have a beautiful day with your family and friends.

• DJ
    DJ

Mimilly,

(((((((((((((((((((((HAPPY THANKSGIVING))))))))))))))))))))))))) Love, Dj

Basking in appreciation is a beautiful thing, isn't it.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Mim...

Loved you post and to see that you got so much to look forward to. Truly, you and your family have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

I know this is probably a stupid question, but is the traditional Canadian Thanksgiving any different that the American (food wise)?

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

To Mimilly and all my fellow Canadians,
    Happy Thanksgiving
    I have so much in my life to be grateful for, and although I try to remember all the time, it is good to have a day to stop and reflect.

double edge, I am cooking about the same things I think Americans would eat for their Thanksgiving, Roasted turkey, stuffing, snowy mashed potatoes (the ones with cream cheese and sour cream) vegetables, salad , pumpkin pie all all those sorts of good things. We will all eat too much and have to go for a walk after dinner.

concerned mama

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

It's wonderful to know that things are good for you, Mimilly.

To you and all our Canadian friends.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Andee

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    We will all eat too much and have to go for a walk after dinner.

Sounds very familiar...Thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit