Scribes and pharisee question to Jesus???????

by nogs 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nogs
    nogs

Well i think everyone will know this one, remember the scriptures when the scribes and pharisee's tricked questioned jesus on resurrection??? The wife of a man who had seven brothers and whom died and married all of them until she died herself whom would she be the wife of in the ressurrection and jesus said that they would be no marrying of the ressurrected ones. One day when I was on the ministry with an elders wife and we talked about and her thoughts were that when the earth was finally filled then they would be no need for marriage and having sex etc as the earth would be filled and children wouldn't be needed anymore and then Man and woman would live as brothers and sisters platonic, Noone has ever explaned the scripture properly to me and if that was going to be what it was like to live forver with no marriage than I'm glad im going to die at armaggeddon!!!

Naomi

• Gopher
    Gopher

Naomi,

Well phooey on that sister! I had a presiding overseer (2 congregations ago) tell me the same thing. This stuff is just mere speculation!! Nothing like what they are saying (no marriage, no sex) is stated in publications printed during my lifetime that I remember.

It's hard to understand exactly WHAT those verses mean. Some of us had fun guessing last night on the following thread. Go down to Moxy's very funny post and read down from there.

* http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=3836&site=3

BTW, some others have speculated that the universe is so large, why couldn't God create new earth-like homes "somewhere out there" after earth is all filled up?

I like that (fun) kind of speculation rather than the no marriage, everyone platonic thoughts. The only other (really weird) possibility I can think of is that God would somehow "turn off" the reproductive process in humans once earth is filled. Have sex, but can't have kids. My thoughts only, just for fun.

Gopher

• somebody
    somebody

Naomi, ( that is such a pretty name. I almost named my daughter that. It was down to 2 names. It was tough deciding! )

The thoughts and questions you have are normal thoughts and questions, among MANY other questions and thoughts about the "new system". take Gophers advice and go check out some of what the society is now teaching regarding "marriages" nad those who will be resurrected in the new world. It'll give you a good laugh. Meanwhile, I guess we all just wonder what this "new system" will bring as far as marriages, sex, and being fruitful and becoming many. The WBTS keeps saying that God's purpose was to "all" live in perfection. Well, who are they referring to when they say "all" ? If the new world is referring back to Adam and Eve, then sex must have been part of the "purpose". Otherwise it would be that God's purpose was to "both" live in perfection, and not "all". I hate thinking sometimes!

peace,
    somebody

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit