Statistical Analysis re Leaving Cults

by Ray Skyhorse 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Ray Skyhorse
    Ray Skyhorse

Does anyone know where I can locate any studies that provide a statistical analysis of the demographics of persons that have exited cults?

Basically, I'm interested in seeing demographic breakdowns that answer the following questions:

Are women more likely to leave cults or are men?

Are persons born into a cult more or less likely to leave it than an indivual who joined it?

What is the relationship between the number of years a person has been in a cult and the likelihood that he or she will stay in the cult.

Are divorced persons more likely to leave a cult?

What is the relationship between the age at which a person joins a cult and the likelihood that he or she leaves it?

I realize that not all cults are the same, therefore it would probably be useful if the authors of the studies ranked the severity of "cultishness" of the group based upon predefined cult criteria. How would the Watchtower rank on such a list?

On a more personal note, I'm trying to figure out the statistical probability of my wife leaving the Borg. How many more years is she likely to be in the Borg. If I could figure out the likelihood of her exiting the cult, it would make my decision about whether to seek a divorce more rational one.

Thanks,

Ray

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Ray....Try - www.factnet.org . You might find something useful on there.

-BONEZZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit