Seeking First

by berrygerry 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    In response to a post on reddit, I would like to make this long withheld post.

On more than one occasion, I have experienced what seemed like miracles.

Due to whatever circumstances, in retrospect, largely caused by Borg directive, our family became perpetually "in need."

My efforts, as the "head," to do the right Borg thing, service, meeting attendance, family worship, never seemed to provide the relief promised by WTS.

Mentally, I have ALWAYS wrestled with the contradiction of Job and of Matt. 6:33.

Satan challenged that if a JW were tested with material, etc. distress, then that JW would cave.

Jesus, however, said that a faithful JW would always have his needs cared for.

It cannot be both.

I prayed like Gideon. Gideon prayed for a specific answer - dry fleece or not dry.

I often prayed for some kind of direction, please, like Gideon - often, and fervently.

Never an answer.

I tried as hard as a human could try. No answer.

Our family went through horrific stresses (electric cut off [twice], natural gas cut off, foreclosure [twice] ).

And yet, at least twice, we received what I consider miraculous events.

Once, a payment (over 10k), TO THE DAY, when I needed it.

Another, a phone call that led to a payment of over 10k, exiting the parking lot of the Sunday DC, of which I was hungover and forced myself to attend the Sunday session.

WTF?

How does a person rationalize this stuff?
  • hoser
    hoser
    More than likely someone felt sorry for you and came up with the money.
  • Listener
    Listener

Due to whatever circumstances, in retrospect, largely caused by Borg directive, our family became perpetually "in need."

These are self imposed burdens that the organization has encouraged. Then they are told to put their trust in God and he will bless you, so who's putting who to the test?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Simple, but sincere question to ask yourself - if God is impartial, (Acts 10:34) then why did he answer my prayer, but ignore the prayers of countless others around the world, whose need was far, far, greater than mine?

Why?

• steve2
    steve2

The narcissism of those who are astonished by the special "help" they receive is surpassed only by the wretchedness of the world's innumerable lost and forgotten who get washed down the death hole on planet Earth every sad day. Paper money can absorb tears and revive faith in lotteries.

Good for you, bad for them, as life and death trundle along in the faith lottery.

As the famed founder of Christianity said, "By this all will know you are my followers if you find money deposited in your bank account after a long night's hard praying." $$$$$$$$$$$

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

If you get a chance to read some of the comments made by lottery winners, you will see many saying;

"Thank you God for answering my prayer"

So what about this, why was this prayer "NOT" answered?

Image result for baby dying and vulture

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

berrygerry - "Due to whatever circumstances, in retrospect, largely caused by Borg directive, our family became perpetually 'in need'."

It's quite the paradigm shift when you realize that, isn't it?

berrygerry - "My efforts, as the 'head', to do the right Borg thing, service, meeting attendance, family worship, never seemed to provide the relief promised by WTS."

You "listened" and "obeyed", but the amount you were "blessed" was woefully small.

I can relate.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    2013 a hurricane hit a hall in the Philippines, JW's were inside convinced they were in God's house. I can say confidently that as the hall was being destroyed and ones being swept out to sea, they were praying like they never prayed before. Thier dead now, and if reserected how many would faithfully repeat the same process. I assuming most if given the opportunity would make sure they were not again at the same place at the same time, they instead would be as far away up in the hills as possible and no longer praying but firmly hanging on to a tree or something up on the hill. Your case was of someone with the means helping you out when you needed it, that's all.
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    So, you don't think that phone call would have come if you'd stayed home rather than gone to the DC? Cell phones work everywhere.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit