The mother of all WT lies....

by TheApostleAK 3 Replies latest jw friends

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

Page 629, Paragraph 1 in the proclaimers book:

"Of course, these people certainly had the freedom to believe what they chose."

What a total lie. They disfellowship persons if the persons exercise their "freedom to believe".

My 2 cents worth.

• BadAssociate
    BadAssociate

AAK so what you're trying to tell me is that you were expecting to find truth in a wtbts publication?

BADASSOCIATE

PS what do you want off santa claus this xmas?

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

BA: No. Rather what would I like off the Easter bunny this Easter.

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

in the early 1990s by a Watchtower attorney, Philip Brumley, to a person who questioned the Society's legal right to disfellowship him:

I represent Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc., the parent organization of the congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses throughout the United States.

C. Relation Between the Congregations and its members. It is axiomatic that the essence of the relationship of a religious society with its members is held by the courts to be the agreement of the parties, and generally, a profession of faith, adherence to the doctrine of the religious society and submission to its government. 76 C.J.S. Religious Societies 11 (1952). A party having voluntarily assented to becoming a member of a congregation thereby subjects himself or herself to the existing rules and procedures of said congregation and cannot deny their existence. All who unite themselves to such a voluntary religious organization do so with the implied consent to this government and are bound to submit to it. . . .

got to love that implied consent

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit