Who resurrected Jesus from death?

by James Mixon 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

A friend received this Email from his JW brother. They have not been close since

his brother became a JW. No previous discussion on the subject, out of no where

he received this email. My friend ask me, what the hell is this about,

"Here is the question. This is the Email...

What is the condition of a person when he dies?

God wants us to know what death is, and tells us.

Ecclesiastes9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not anything,,,,

Ecclesiastes 9:10 whatsoever the hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no

working, no devising, no knowledge, no wisdom, when you are dead.Right?

Acts chapter 2 speaks about the resurrection of JC. Acts 2: 29,30 says king David knew that in

his line or offspring there would be someone that would sit on his throne, that one would be JC.

Acts 2:31,32 says, He (David) seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul

was not left in hell (grave), neither his flesh did see corruption.

This is saying that Jesus died, he was dead (for three days). If Jesus was dead for three days,

who resurrected him? Ecclesiastes 9: 5,10 says at death you can do absolutely nothing. Who

resurrected him? If he resurrected himself, then he was not dead.

So this is the question...Who resurrected Jesus from the death"?

Your Brother,

I told my friend, this is about the Trinity.

My friend told me, WTH why didn't he tell me, I had no idea what the hell he was talking about.

He said, I think my JW brother is going off the deep end.

• LorenzoSmithXVII
    LorenzoSmithXVII
    Per JWs, God resurrected Jesus.
  • sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2
    If I were to promote the trinity, my reply to the JW would be that while Jesus was on the earth he was not at and did not have the same level or power that he had prior to coming to earth. Hebrews 2:9 said he was made lower than the angels while he was on earth. Now that he is in heaven, is he still lower than the angels? No, so obviously he obtained a much higher level once he became a spirit in heaven. King of kings in Revelation, and all authority in heaven and earth had been given him. IF I was going to waste my time debating with someone.
  • LorenzoSmithXVII
    LorenzoSmithXVII
    sloppyjoe225 minutes agoIf I were to promote the trinity, my reply to the JW would be that while Jesus was on the earth he was not at and did not have the same level or power that he had prior to coming to earth. Hebrews 2:9 said he was made lower than the angels while he was on earth. Now that he is in heaven, is he still lower than the angels? No, so obviously he obtained a much higher level once he became a spirit in heaven. King of kings in Revelation, and all authority in heaven and earth had been given him. IF I was going to waste my time debating with someone.
    Actually, perhaps I should have been more specific. Christ died as a human but was raised up as an angel. So there is no conflict for JWs with your general statement. JWs do not believe in the trinity doctrine, which seemingly would contradict that Jesus, as part of the trinity, didn't actually die in the usual sense.

• steve2
    steve2

Show me a JW who hits the nail on the head on any topic and I will add their name to a list that has languished short and empty for decades.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

God the father resurrected him as a courtesy.

Jesus also had an immortal soul so he really did not die.

Jesus was also in Sheol/Hades (The underworld according to a correct understanding of the word.) and was twiddling his fingers impatiently awaiting the resurrection.

• LorenzoSmithXVII
    LorenzoSmithXVII
    Village Idiot2 hours agoGod the father resurrected him as a courtesy.
    Jesus also had an immortal soul so he really did not die.
    Jesus was also in Sheol/Hades (The underworld according to a correct understanding of the word.) and was twiddling his fingers impatiently awaiting the resurrection.

Per JW doctrine, Jesus was Michael the archangel and was mortal. All the angels were created as mortals, including Jesus Christ. Free moral agency inherently requires mortality; the choice to live or die, to obey or not obey. Those who make the right choice are granted immortality. Angels are mortan. Satan and the demons will be killed.

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r

From a Trinitarian standpoint. Which the watchtower misrepresented in pretty much every article on the subject....

The God head is made up by 3 persons but 1 God.

If 1 of the persons (Jesus) dies, one of the other persons can resurrect him (in this case the Father).

Same thing with most of hem:

Who resurrected Jesus?

Who did Jesus pray to?

Why did Jesus talk about God?

How can the Father be greater than Jesus?

And so on...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit