What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Believe?

by ozziepost 2 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

And a special word today for lurkers especially JW lurkers.

Are you sure what you believe? If someone asked you that, you might reach for the tract "Jehovah's Witnesses What Do They Believe?"

This tract was updated a few years ago, so that Tract T-14 "What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Believe?" became Tract T-18 "Jehovah's Witnesses What Do They Believe?". This tract focuses on 3 main points and number 3 is the 'Hope for the Future'. In answering the question 'When will God's Kingdom come?' the older T-14 states "On the basis of Bible prophecies now being fulfilled, Jehovah's Witnesses believe it will come very soon."

Perhaps "very soon" was not specific enough, for the newer Tract T-18 states "On the basis of Bible prophecies now being fulfilled, Jehovah's Witnesses believe that it will come in our generation."

Notice that "very soon" has been changed to "in our generation". Oh dear! This is the 'latest' tract on this subject of JW beliefs. Are they a bit confused? Are you JW lurkers confused? Wasn't the "generation" thing changed? Yet here is a statement of beliefs changing from 'new light' to 'old light'.

God's Word truthfully states: "if the trumpet sounds an indistinct call, who will get ready for battle?"

Ozzie (of the know what we believe class)

• Prisca
    Prisca
    "On the basis of Bible prophecies now being fulfilled, Jehovah's Witnesses believe that it will come in our generation."

Didn't the WTS learn ANYTHING from 1975??
    [8>]

• dedalus
    dedalus

Here's an excerpt from the rejected T-17 version of "What do Jehovah's Witnesses Believe?"

On the basis of Bible prophecies now being fulfilled, Jehovah's Witnesses believe that it will come in our generation. What prophecies are those, you may ask? Well, it's not of your goddamn business, PUNK! The indisputable facts speak for themselves. What facts are those, you say? HEY -- who are you to question us, anyway? Don't you know who we are? We're Jehovah's Freakin' Witnesses! That's right! I hope you will doubt us, 'cause I'm gonna enjoying watching our Heavenly Father kick the everlasting shit out of you come judgment day! Literally! Oh, it's gonna hurt! And I'll be watching with a large tub of extra-butter popcorn as he eviscerates your ass! Your entrails will be exposed like dung! Your blood's gonna be crushed outta you! Your kids are gonna fall into gaping chasms that open up in the ground! You're gonna die die die die DIE DIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!!!!!!!

For some reason, they cut everything after "generation." I think they're saving it for the forthcoming "Zephaniah and You" Tract. Coming soon to a district convention near you.

Dedalus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit